Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.
    My other half is currently in the hot sandy place and I'm on the scrounge for ideas of what to send him in care boxes. The Haribo I sent melted and he's only been gone a month so he's not had time to use up the toiletries he took. I've sent hot sauce, water pistols, cake (a lot of cake), letters and puzzle books. Any other ideas? What do you miss, or have been told about? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Ha, funny guy :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Please look on Pinterest...theres loads of amazing ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Biscuits, if that's his thing. Hobnobs, custard creams, etc. Sounds silly, maybe, but good sharing/morale food and won't melt.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get books and crossword books sent to me, i had loads of biscuits sent and skittles tend to deal well with the heat! The best thing I ever got was a yo-yo! Sounds strange but it's the simple things ! But honestly if you're all out of ideas a letter and a photo used to do me well

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.