Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to do two undergraduate courses at university, but is it possible to do so without having to make a personal statement that it designed for multiple courses?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    I want to do two undergraduate courses at university, but is it possible to do so without having to make a personal statement that it designed for multiple courses?

Thanks.
    What are the two courses? Its possible.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Entirely depends on what subjects they are, if they require a similar skillset, like Politics and History, then it's perfectly doable, but two entirely different subjects might be more of a challenge. I applied for History, Politics and Liberal Arts and got offers from all my unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    What are the two courses? Its possible.
    I was thinking Psychology and Sociology/Philosophy. Psychology is my main choice, and as such my personal statement is entirely psychological, can I do these subjects without having to change much around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    I was thinking Psychology and Sociology/Philosophy. Psychology is my main choice, and as such my personal statement is entirely psychological, can I do these subjects without having to change much around?
    Well, for where you are applying to do sociology it may weaken your application (that is of course if they read your personal statement, they might not do if you've got good enough grades just for time purposes). I would at least mention sociology a bit and how you think it interlinks with your interest in psychology. There are quite a few unis that also allow you to take optional modules in non-psychology papers where you could do a sociology paper perhaps. Durham and cambridge also offer quite broad degrees where you can do sociology & psychology together (and there are likely to be more).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.