Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heey, i'm in year 12, dead set on applying for medicine but i have no no no idea how to interview.. any tips?

ReputationRep:
    This book was like my bible when I was interviewing at medical schools:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Q.../dp/1905812051

ReputationRep:
    Start by looking in the medicine forum. I'll move this thread there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeymr)
    This book was like my bible when I was interviewing at medical schools:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Q.../dp/1905812051

OOOOooh looks good

I had a practise interview the other day and got completely stuck at "well why not nursing?' ended up sounding like a complete ***** and sounding like i think all nurses are stupid which of course they're not ooooh silly me -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NancyRoseC)
    OOOOooh looks good

I had a practise interview the other day and got completely stuck at "well why not nursing?' ended up sounding like a complete ***** and sounding like i think all nurses are stupid which of course they're not ooooh silly me -.-
    Yeah that was the question I was most scared of being asked- Its very difficult not to come across like an idiot! Guess what- they asked me it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that was the question I was most scared of being asked- Its very difficult not to come across like an idiot! Guess what- they asked me it
    I completely blanked!
    Also got asked "what is success" and "what would you describe humanity as in one word" ?? HELP

ReputationRep:
    I completely blanked!
    Also got asked "what is success" and "what would you describe humanity as in one word" ?? HELP
    Oh wow, they're a bit obscure wouldn't have a clue what to say to those!
    The book that I linked has loads of weird questions in it- if you read through it should give you a better method of tackling the questions that you have no idea how to answer

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, they're a bit obscure wouldn't have a clue what to say to those!
    The book that I linked has loads of weird questions in it- if you read through it should give you a better method of tackling the questions that you have no idea how to answer
    Thank you friend

ReputationRep:
    I'm selling the interview book on eBay. Interested?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This was my bible. It's awesome. Has frameworks for answering any question and model answers to all sorts of questions including why not a nurse. It covers all interview styles, it's fabulous. If you only buy one book get this one. I got them all out of my local library but had to buy this one it was so good.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1905...&robot_redir=1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    This was my bible. It's awesome. Has frameworks for answering any question and model answers to all sorts of questions including why not a nurse. It covers all interview styles, it's fabulous. If you only buy one book get this one. I got them all out of my local library but had to buy this one it was so good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331268825743

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! will deffo check it out :*

ReputationRep:
    Heey, i'm in year 12, dead set on applying for medicine but i have no no no idea how to interview.. any tips?
    My main advice would be do not worry, and be yourself.

I didn't prepare for any of my interviews, and am now well on my way to med school in September.

The main things to be aware of is to:
    - dress smartly, like you're going for a job interview: they will be asking themselves whether they would like you being their doctor
    - be enthusiastic! But don't keep saying how it's your 'passion' - they will get sick of this.
    - don't learn answers to questions you think will come up. They know when you've done this, and it just looks like it's not your answer.
    - have a list before you go in of experiences that you have had that show different qualities, like compassion and teamwork - good and bad! These don't have to be in a medically related experience, you want to show that you are a good all-rounder.

These things, plus being good at maths and a quick reader, got me through my multiple mini interviews at Leicester, and in the end I actually really enjoyed the interview process!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.