Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ready for a bevvy

ReputationRep:
    When are you looking to go to Uni?

There are quite a few interdisciplinary degrees in the social sciences at the moment, where you learn across a range of social science subjects like Politics and Economics, so you can experience a wide range of subject matter. Then in Year 2 and 3 you'll choose one to specialize in.

These sorts of courses would be worth investigating as you don't have to make firm decisions just yet and you can get feel for what it's like to study at HE level. With regards to mathematical elements within the social sciences, don't let this put you off, academic staff will help you through these modules and it will often make you more employable in the future.

University of Sheffield has two new courses starting September 2015, which are interdisciplinary and cover the subjects you're interested in - BA/BSc in Applied Social Sciences and BA Quantitative Social Science.

Happy to talk more about these specific courses if you're interested. But I definitely think a interdisciplinary, flexible route would suit you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HazelSMI)
    When are you looking to go to Uni?

There are quite a few interdisciplinary degrees in the social sciences at the moment, where you learn across a range of social science subjects like Politics and Economics, so you can experience a wide range of subject matter. Then in Year 2 and 3 you'll choose one to specialize in.

These sorts of courses would be worth investigating as you don't have to make firm decisions just yet and you can get feel for what it's like to study at HE level. With regards to mathematical elements within the social sciences, don't let this put you off, academic staff will help you through these modules and it will often make you more employable in the future.

University of Sheffield has two new courses starting September 2015, which are interdisciplinary and cover the subjects you're interested in - BA/BSc in Applied Social Sciences and BA Quantitative Social Science.

Happy to talk more about these specific courses if you're interested. But I definitely think a interdisciplinary, flexible route would suit you.
    I'm looking for 2015 entry so just starting the ucas process. That sounds like a fantastic idea- It would defiantly suit me as there are so many social sciences I enjoy. I'll check out those courses at Sheffield. Thank you ever so much with your help!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I definitely recommend looking into the SMI!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.