Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

changing from a 3year to a 4year degree finance??????!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    If I completed a year out of a 3 year degree and then wanted to move to a 4 year course (3 years with study abroad), would I still get money for tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure but since you already used a year you'd have to pay for the first year of the next degree yourself. I believe student finance fund you for 4 years of study but since you have used 1 and want to do 4 more it'll make 5. However if you do Nursing or Medicine you'll be funded for all of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1990)
    If I completed a year out of a 3 year degree and then wanted to move to a 4 year course (3 years with study abroad), would I still get money for tuition fees?
    Student finance specifically says they fund you for 5 years, whether it be medicine or a foundation year then a masters...this should apply to you...give them a call tomorrow as soon as they're on to avoiding waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicistAtheist)
    Student finance specifically says they fund you for 5 years, whether it be medicine or a foundation year then a masters...this should apply to you...give them a call tomorrow as soon as they're on to avoiding waiting
    No they fund for length of course +1 year- any years previously studied, so 4 years for someone doing a 3 year course, 5 years for a 4 year course e.c.t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lola1990)
    yes you would be fine. Problems would only arise if you started the second year of the first degree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.