Hello everyone. I'm studying physics in Portugal atm, and I decided I want to try for Oxford Msc. in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics, which will be available next year. I will do the application in about 2 years, thats when I get my Bsc. done and I want to know if the following profile fits me with the international applicants who usually get accepted :
- Bsc. in physics (with a grade of 18/20. I'm not sure if it is 1st or 2:1 equivalent)
- One of the recommendation letters written by someone who has a PhD in Theoretical Physics at Oxford (a teacher I had)
- Being part of my college scientific magazine
- Doing some stuff on a lab associated to my college (more like programming some stuff in C/C++, since we can't do much more during Bsc. )
- Attending to Oxford Summer School in Physics (I don't know if it helps, but at least I get to know Oxford and to know if I really want it)
Does anyone know if this profile is paired up with the accepted ones as International students (Let us assume the required TOEFL/IELTS score as well, and a decent interview and statement).
Is there something you would do instead (or extra) if you were in my place?
... and the ones that won't