Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

am I a solid candidate for Oxford Msc. in Physics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I'm studying physics in Portugal atm, and I decided I want to try for Oxford Msc. in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics, which will be available next year. I will do the application in about 2 years, thats when I get my Bsc. done and I want to know if the following profile fits me with the international applicants who usually get accepted :

- Bsc. in physics (with a grade of 18/20. I'm not sure if it is 1st or 2:1 equivalent)
    - One of the recommendation letters written by someone who has a PhD in Theoretical Physics at Oxford (a teacher I had)
    - Being part of my college scientific magazine
    - Doing some stuff on a lab associated to my college (more like programming some stuff in C/C++, since we can't do much more during Bsc. )
    - Attending to Oxford Summer School in Physics (I don't know if it helps, but at least I get to know Oxford and to know if I really want it)

Does anyone know if this profile is paired up with the accepted ones as International students (Let us assume the required TOEFL/IELTS score as well, and a decent interview and statement).
    Is there something you would do instead (or extra) if you were in my place?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.