Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I be charged for a doctors note for depression? Watch

I've been diagnosed with major depression and severe anxiety about a year and a half ago, however I know that I've gotten worse. My secondary school wanted a doctors note but I never got around to getting one, my college now also mentioned a while ago that they want one, and my teachers aren't understanding. I know they'll probably need to re-test me for everything, but I know that sometimes you're charged for a doctors note. Will I be?

I have an appointment on Thursday and I'm broke at the moment tbh, until I get paid this weekend (I can't borrow money from parents, they can't know about it) and if they do charge me I'd have no idea what to say!

Thanks for the help!

bump

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your doctor. If they feel you need one it's usually free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been diagnosed with major depression and severe anxiety about a year and a half ago, however I know that I've gotten worse. My secondary school wanted a doctors note but I never got around to getting one, my college now also mentioned a while ago that they want one, and my teachers aren't understanding. I know they'll probably need to re-test me for everything, but I know that sometimes you're charged for a doctors note. Will I be?

I have an appointment on Thursday and I'm broke at the moment tbh, until I get paid this weekend (I can't borrow money from parents, they can't know about it) and if they do charge me I'd have no idea what to say!

Thanks for the help!
    I'm sure if they do ask you to pay for it and you explain the financial situation to your doctor they'll be understanding and might give it you for free or just ask you to pay and pick it up later when you get paid.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.