Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I meet girls my age ? Where did you meet your partner Watch

Announcements

I went to a boys school and have very few friends that are girls. I don't happen to be in a social circle that has parties 24/7 either.

Im 18 and a guy , I will be deferring my uni entry for a year so I cant rely on uni to solve my current circumstances.

During A Levels I didnt really have the time to join clubs or anything but im wondering if they would be good places to meet girls ? I'm not just looking for a girlfriend though it would be nice , I just want to widen my friendship circle a little bit . Same old fifa , football and girl talk gets boring you know ? I yearn for some female companionship.

I have a job atm but and have friends there but we dont do much outside of work .

Considering doing volunteering or joining a youth club of some sort ( though im quite skeptical as im 18 and the age limit is 19 . it doesn't help that I look much older than I am so people might think im wierd.

If you wouldnt mind sharing the circumstances upon which you met your current , or even past partners id appreciate it

bump

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you are in your 20's and then join a social group.

(Original post by Ornlu)
    Wait until you are in your 20's and then join a social group.
    see what u did there. :laugh: , srs though I know at the moment education and my career should be my top priority , and it is.

But life is all about balance , i'm kind of sick of sitting in the house all day playing video games and studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    see what u did there. :laugh: , srs though I know at the moment education and my career should be my top priority , and it is.

But life is all about balance , i'm kind of sick of sitting in the house all day playing video games and studying.
    :lol: Sorry, I had to :teehee:

Do any of your friends from work/school meet up with other people that you know but maybe don't hang out with? See if you can tag along with them, and slowly widen your social circle that way?

ReputationRep:
    If you wouldnt mind sharing the circumstances upon which you met your current , or even past partners id appreciate it
    Back garden of the local rock dive pub. First date was to Reading Festival and Nandos. Classy

ReputationRep:
    Try shopping centres and try and go to many festivals aimed at young people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    online. u can start here.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get on the internet dating scene. I was doing it when I was 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    Have you got a boyfriend now. But people lie on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ornlu)
    :lol: Sorry, I had to :teehee:

Do any of your friends from work/school meet up with other people that you know but maybe don't hang out with? See if you can tag along with them, and slowly widen your social circle that way?
    well id call my work friends more acquaintance style friends and my close friends do have other friends who im not too close with , only thing is they're leaving for uni this September whereas I have to defer a year so I'm kind of forced to make new friends or be alone for a whole year.

ReputationRep:
    "You gotta go to other places. You gotta go to a spin class, a farmers' market...pumpkin patch, given the time of year. Just someWhere social, non-threatening."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Have you got a boyfriend now. But people lie on the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People lie face to face as well. If you go on a reputable website like Guardian Soulmates or eHarmomy there's loads of like minded single people. I have a boyfriend now, but I didn't meet him on the internet. He used to live above me
    I did however, get engaged to a man from eHarmony in my wilder days haha.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a boys school and have very few friends that are girls. I don't happen to be in a social circle that has parties 24/7 either.

Im 18 and a guy , I will be deferring my uni entry for a year so I cant rely on uni to solve my current circumstances.

During A Levels I didnt really have the time to join clubs or anything but im wondering if they would be good places to meet girls ? I'm not just looking for a girlfriend though it would be nice , I just want to widen my friendship circle a little bit . Same old fifa , football and girl talk gets boring you know ? I yearn for some female companionship.

I have a job atm but and have friends there but we dont do much outside of work .

Considering doing volunteering or joining a youth club of some sort ( though im quite skeptical as im 18 and the age limit is 19 . it doesn't help that I look much older than I am so people might think im wierd.

I met my current girlfriend online on a chat room. I wasn't even looking for a girlfriend but we just clicked and soon started dating. Two and a half years later we are still together and as strong as ever

ReputationRep:
    People lie face to face as well. If you go on a reputable website like Guardian Soulmates or eHarmomy there's loads of like minded single people. I have a boyfriend now, but I didn't meet him on the internet. He used to live above me
    I did however, get engaged to a man from eHarmony in my wilder days haha.
    Cool. You can soon tell when people are lying to your face

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Try shopping centres and try and go to many festivals aimed at young people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shopping centres ? like just randomly approaching girls ? I've never done that kind of stuff myself and I have heard people have got mixed results from it , I might try it . Might look a bit sad on my own just randomly approaching passers by though.

(Original post by Reue)
    Back garden of the local rock dive pub. First date was to Reading Festival and Nandos. Classy
    cute , were you friends prior ? Or did he just approach you and start talking from there

Not too keen on internet dating myself but might give it a try , do 18 year olds really use it though ? I always thought it was more of a mid twenties thing.

What site do you recommend ?

ReputationRep:
    places I have met partners:

at work
    in lectures
    in halls
    in sports clubs
    at pub quizzes
    in pubs
    in bars
    at parties
    friends of friends
    friends of ex's

ReputationRep:
    cute , were you friends prior ? Or did she just approach you and start talking from there
    Never met before. A friend brought them along and introduced them to our group. Several others made a move but I played it cool and ignored. Waited till the next week before introducing myself and chatting

Online dating
    Get a dog go park let your dog wander free bump into random girl with dog get talking
    Running club in parks have pretty fit girls
    Befriend tsr users see who wants to meet up if you live in same city

ReputationRep:
    I started using online dating when I was 17, just after a bad break up. Met someone there when I was 18 and four years later, we've just had our three year wedding anniversary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.