The Student Room Group

BTEC bedlam. Help! Converting BTEC to UCAS points

Hey guys,

I’m having some serious issues trying to convert my BTECs into UCAS points. I achieved the following at 6th form but I have been working full time since (3 years ago). I have looked at the tariff tables, but I am struggling because of the variations of the course. This is what Is printed on my certificates from 6th form.

Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Award in IT Practioners with DISTINCTION.
4 Units Completed at Distinction
2 Units Completed at Pass

Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Business (QCF) with MERIT
**BTEC Level 3 Cert. (=50% OF NATIONAL AWARD 28-36)**

2 Units Completed at Pass
1 Unit Completed at Distinction

Since leaving 6th form in 2011 when I was awarded the above BTEC’s, I went on to do a Business Administration apprenticeship. I completed the apprenticeship and was awarded the following

National Vocational Qualification (QCF)
EDEXCEL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF)

If anyone would assist in converting these into UCAS points, I would be very grateful!
Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Award in IT Practioners with DISTINCTION. = 120 points (http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables#btecnationals _

Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Business (QCF) with MERIT: 40 points (http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables#btecqualifications _

**BTEC Level 3 Cert. (=50% OF NATIONAL AWARD 28-36)** - I can't tell if this is a distinct certificate or more detail on the qualification above

National Vocational Qualification (QCF)
EDEXCEL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration (QCF) - again I can't tell with this one - if it was a BTEC it would usually have a grade attached (DDD to PPP)....if it does have a grade then it would supercede your CERTIFICATE above (ie tariff points can only be counted from one of the two qualifications not from both because they're the same subject(

Quick Reply

Latest