Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been in odd-jobs in life, i.e. ones that last 3-4 months and I have never really had a steady income.

Just got a few questions
    1. What happens if you take more than 22 days off work. Do you then not get paid?
    2. Can you take off days when you feel like it, i.e. your birthday etc?
    3. If you work in an office for a company, do you get bank holidays?

ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    This is full time? It's illegal if that includes bank holidays.

Otherwise then obviously you can't just take them off, you can ask for unpaid leave but it's likely to be granted for compassionate leave and little else.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    1. What happens if you take more than 22 days off work. Do you then not get paid?
    1. You can't generally take more leave than you are entitled to. There are exceptions for illness and bereavements, but basically when they say 22 days plus Bank Holidays, that's the maximum you are allowed.
There will probably be limits to the number of people that can be on leave at once, so that the work doesn't stop if everyone wants the same week on holiday. Usually its first come first served, but you will have to find out when you get into the office
  • If you work in an office for a company, do you get bank holidays?
  • (Original post by po10tial)
    Usually, but not always, it depends on the work and if it needs to continue every day or not. If you have to work a Bank Holiday, you will get an extra day off in lieu

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been in odd-jobs in life, i.e. ones that last 3-4 months and I have never really had a steady income.

Just got a few questions
    3. If you work in an office for a company, do you get bank holidays?
    1. You have a holiday allowance of 22 days. Why would you think you can have more than that?
    2. You have to book the days ahead with your manager, if he can fit in your holiday request then he should do so, but he is under no obligation to give you your birthday off. However, once your holiday dates have been agreed, they cannot change them unless you agree with the change.
    3. You will probably have bank holidays off in an office job, as well as weekends. But again, it depends if your company expects some colleagues to work bank holidays.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you take more than 22 days off work. Do you then not get paid?
    You can't generally take more leave than you are entitled to. There are exceptions for illness and bereavements, but basically when they say 22 days plus Bank Holidays, that's the maximum you are allowed.

Can you take off days when you feel like it, i.e. your birthday etc?
    There will probably be limits to the number of people that can be on leave at once, so that the work doesn't stop if everyone wants the same week on holiday. Usually its first come first served, but you will have to find out when you get into the office

If you work in an office for a company, do you get bank holidays?
    Usually, but not always, it depends on the work and if it needs to continue every day or not. If you have to work a Bank Holiday, you will get an extra day off in lieu
  •    

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.