Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Today I received a letter in the post showing my student finance total and dates when to expect payments.

The tuition fee loan of £9000 is present and I also have what seems to be the maximum maintenance loan possible (if I was infact going to receive a maintenance grant as well), only the other key section which I was expecting (my parents income is way below the £25,000 threshold) the maintenance grant is missing from the letter.

Does this mean that I won't be receiving a grant this year (this will be the first year of my course) or will it come at a later date? I have checked the website and only a trace of the maintenance and tuition fee loan is present. Also, should I send off my declaration letter now or wait? Should I phone up SF and enquire about this or has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Hicko,

The notification you have been sent is for the "non means" tested entitlement, if you have provided your sponsor details then SFE will continue to assess your parents household income.

It can normally take from 2-3 weeks to process any financial evidence once this has been processed SFE would send out a notification of entitlement which will confirm your "means" tested funding.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.