Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing computer game design and programming? or anyone who has done or is on their second year? what's it like? I got accepted last week and I'm pretty damn excited.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who has just completed the first year of game design and programming, I could ask him a few questions for you if you have any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slylee)
    I know someone who has just completed the first year of game design and programming, I could ask him a few questions for you if you have any.
    Yeah that would be fantastic if you could! Getting rather excited and I want to know what i should expect

ReputationRep:
    I asked him for a general idea of what the course is like and he replied with this-

"My best advice is that as soon as he discovers his weak points in programming or 3D modelling to strengthen them, it'll pay off later in the year, if the 1st year doesn't change this year he'll be working with a small group of other 1st years from the other courses (not the art ones) to make a game by April - he'll have to be prepared to deal with members who may not contribute properly (my whole group dumped everything on me at the last minute and I only just scraped us a pass, good thing I was a programmer lol), followed by creating 2 text/2D-based games in C++, building a tank in 3DS Max, and building 4 prototypes in Unity using C# and JavaScript"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.