Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I know UCAS have just opened they're admission system for those applying this year for entry 2015. Is anyone else applying and what's your background?

It's crazy to think I'll be getting my Personal statement ready when I go back to college in September.

I'm a mature student doing a part-time access course in the Belfast met. I think most of the students for 2014 got offers bar one which is a big improvement on the previous year were apparently only 2 got in. I hope this carries through to 2015 admissions.

I hope we can all find comfort in each others advice. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Kathy! I'm also going to be applying for nursing at queens, 2015/16 intake. I have a 2.1 degree in childhood studies so I'm thinking ill probably have to complete some relevant healthcare experience asap. I'm a lone parent and will also be a mature student. Hoping to find a lot of useful info from this forum. Wishing you the best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hope you don't mind me joining this topic. I applied for nursing 2yrs ago and didn't make the cut! I have decided that I would like to apply for 2015/16.
    My access course was completed in 2012 so I think I need to show recent study. Can anyone shed some light on this? I will get in touch with Queens for them to clarify this.

I'm hoping that I can do a short OU course in Human Bio, not sure Level1/2. If anyone has any input on this I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance and good luck

Lisa

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm applying for the February intake for General Nursing, i already have a degree though completely irrelevant to nursing, i just finished a summer camp that helped me realise my love for caring whether it be mental health or adults with health problems. Best of Luck all!!

ReputationRep:
    I was at the open day today. It was good, did anyone else go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering has anyone here heard anything from queens yet?? Or when should we hear something??

ReputationRep:
    Interview letters should start coming out this week. They can come out right up to the 17th April, so don't panic if you don't get one straight away.

Interviews held between 2 March & 17th April.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathyowen04)
    Hi all

I know UCAS have just opened they're admission system for those applying this year for entry 2015. Is anyone else applying and what's your background?

It's crazy to think I'll be getting my Personal statement ready when I go back to college in September.

I'm a mature student doing a part-time access course in the Belfast met. I think most of the students for 2014 got offers bar one which is a big improvement on the previous year were apparently only 2 got in. I hope this carries through to 2015 admissions.

I hope we can all find comfort in each others advice. Best of luck.
    Hi kathy I'm not applying for nursing until next years intake but I am enrolled onto the access diploma 1 year course just wondering how you found the course was it difficult ?I am also a mature student I'm bricking it but I need to do this I've wasted enough of my time !!what GCSEs do you need along side it ?think I may have to retake a couple to better my chances ! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie_136)
    Hi kathy I'm not applying for nursing until next years intake but I am enrolled onto the access diploma 1 year course just wondering how you found the course was it difficult ?I am also a mature student I'm bricking it but I need to do this I've wasted enough of my time !!what GCSEs do you need along side it ?think I may have to retake a couple to better my chances ! X
    Hi Angie

I think for the full time you need to have maths and English GCSE but don't quote me best to phone and ask. I'm doing the 2 year part time course and am in second year, you didn't need any GCSEs when I joined. Realistically, there was no way I could've managed to work 20 hours, look after my family whilst doing well on the full time course. It's very intense. 11 pieces of coursework throughout the year and 5 exams in May, the dropouts quite high. Saying that on our part time course we started with 21 and now have 12. The part time class obviously takes a year longer and the motivation can dwindle a bit on the second year but personally think it's worthwhile as I'm sitting on 85% where on the full time it would've been much lower. I'm doing a GCSE English this year too.

Please don't let me put you off, I just think most don't realise how full on it is and then get demoralised with it. I love my access course and have made great friends The tutors are fab, I've learnt so much and it's a great prep for uni. I'm glad I did this rather than A levels.

Hope this helps. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for deferred entry as well as 2015 entry? I applied for both... As well as applying for children's and adult nursing? Will this look bad do you think? I just genuinely don't mind which I get into and I thought maybe deferred entry might be a good idea on the off chance they might not take me this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosiemac92)
    Has anyone else applied for deferred entry as well as 2015 entry? I applied for both... As well as applying for children's and adult nursing? Will this look bad do you think? I just genuinely don't mind which I get into and I thought maybe deferred entry might be a good idea on the off chance they might not take me this year.
    Oh I've never heard of this before in nursing. Didn't know you could. I assumed because they where so competitive this option wasn't available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papo1489)
    Hey I'm applying for the February intake for General Nursing, i already have a degree though completely irrelevant to nursing, i just finished a summer camp that helped me realise my love for caring whether it be mental health or adults with health problems. Best of Luck all!!
    Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No nothing and i didn't apply for the february intake but this september, so fingers are still crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papo1489)
    No nothing and i didn't apply for the february intake but this september, so fingers are still crossed.
    Best of luck. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything more about interviews? Rejections etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosiemac92)
    Anyone heard anything more about interviews? Rejections etc??
    There was an update on FB saying none would go out until early next week and that they'd update us on FB when that happened.

One of the girls on our access course received a rejection this week but know no more than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.