Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Still a virgin and wondering about some stuff!! watch

Are you all ready for the inevitable "I'm a virgin, help my naive arse" post???

I'm twenty year old lass, in university and a virgin. I'm all right with lads, I go on dates and I've had a couple of non serious boyfriends. I'm not saving myself for marriage or anything, I just don't want to know someone before I sleep with them. The boyfriends were always very blah when it came to getting to know each other. They were both nice but our conversations with each other were pretty bland. They were short term relationships so it's not like I was leading them on and not putting out or anything. First boyfriend was a month but we only saw each other twice a week and the second boyfriend was two weeks and tbh we never did anything but go to clubs because he "wanted to be seen" (exact words).

My mate said if I don't get laid, lads will start thinking there's something wrong with me. True or not? I don't want every guy I go on a date with to be thinking, "call a doctor, this one needs help." She thinks I'll get a reputation for being frigid. She said if I don't want to bang anyone to get rid of the label, I should either lie about my virginity or just never mention it until it's gone. I'm usually pretty upfront about it. I don't tell people randomly but I'll be honest if somebody asks. I'm guessing that's a bit of a daft thing to admit to?

SO what do you all think of virgins? Would you think future crazy cat lady or what?

ReputationRep:
    I'll bang you

All joking aside, no there is nothing wrong with being a virgin. You need to play the game of life by your own rules.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who cares that you're still a virgin isn't worth sleeping with.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a relationship with a virgin knowing that I was their first bla bla bla but if it's just a casual thing then someone more experienced b/c they know what they are doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm twenty year old lass, in university and a virgin. I'm all right with lads, I go on dates and I've had a couple of non serious boyfriends. I'm not saving myself for marriage or anything, I just don't want to know someone before I sleep with them. The boyfriends were always very blah when it came to getting to know each other. They were both nice but our conversations with each other were pretty bland. They were short term relationships so it's not like I was leading them on and not putting out or anything. First boyfriend was a month but we only saw each other twice a week and the second boyfriend was two weeks and tbh we never did anything but go to clubs because he "wanted to be seen" (exact words).

My mate said if I don't get laid, lads will start thinking there's something wrong with me. True or not? I don't want every guy I go on a date with to be thinking, "call a doctor, this one needs help." She thinks I'll get a reputation for being frigid. She said if I don't want to bang anyone to get rid of the label, I should either lie about my virginity or just never mention it until it's gone. I'm usually pretty upfront about it. I don't tell people randomly but I'll be honest if somebody asks. I'm guessing that's a bit of a daft thing to admit to?

SO what do you all think of virgins? Would you think future crazy cat lady or what?

Well done for not falling into peer pressure i lost my virginity at 18 to my boyfriend of 10 years after wed been together for 3 years you know when your ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Your friend is jealous she probably lost her virginity the wrong way, hunni i no this all too well my friends were the same but its a matter of no regrets and self respect dont put out because she says so find someone maybe not mention your a virgin straight of because theyll just want to take your virginity take things slowly if they dont wait they arent worth your virginity. Frankly id rather be known as a fridgid b¥¥¥h then a slapper. Either way you will always have a label its part of life everyone has a stigma. Be happy with you and dont rush youll have sex when your ready.
    My boyfriend had a child before i got with him i got with him at 15 he wasnt a virgin 2.5 years later i was ready to start exploring. Touching etc then we had sex after 3 years and ive never regretted it. I trust him and he proved he respects me and that he wasnt with me for my vagina but with me for me ten years on were still happy

Hunni dont rush when the time is right its right. You just know.
    Wish you all the best and again tell your friend to butt out

ReputationRep:
    It will be no problem, but the secret is to go out with a guy who after a couple of dates you will most probably feel enthusiastic about shagging the arse off. Look for up front chemistry..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.