Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend/ girlfriend separate uni's ?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So me and my boyfriend have been going out for 3 years (nae bad) buuuuuut...........we're going to separate uni's after being together through junior high and high school and pretty much living together....

So what is your question?

ReputationRep:
    Break up imo or at least go on a break.

ReputationRep:
    So? If you love each other, then surely distance won't come between you :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathematigeek)
    So? If you love each other, then surely distance won't come between you :/
    This is what people who have never been in an LDR say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same situation. My boyfriend goes to university at the minute and I'm about to start this year. While we've dealt with him being at uni this year, it'll be different now seeing as I'll also be there and could potentially be over 100 miles away from him... a bit worried to be honest. Have you spoken to him about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe, but this is, imo, what people who are truly in love would also say.. :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Exeter and my BF is going to Warwick this year. I'm not expecting it to be easy but are staying together for sure. The idea is perhaps we each travel once a month and so see each other once a fortnight plus in the holidays we live really close.

I think it depends what you want. If I didn't think I could end up marrying my BF, even if I loved him still, I'd end it because it won't be easy and you'll end up breaking off anyway at a much more difficult time.

ReputationRep:
    won't work sorry, time to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In an LDR and I'd say that. People in successful LDR's would say that too.

I know a couple where one is studying uni in Hong Kong and the other in the UK and their relationship still seems to be going strong!

ReputationRep:
    All you guys should just end it tbh it's not fair on either of you if you meet someone else and it's going to cloud your judgements when you get opportunities related to your career path/ academics

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry...the question should be 'will this work' ....yeah we do very much love each other.....but living in a VERY rural area will be a huuugggeee change in both our lifestyles......

ReputationRep:
    *** change being living in a city with more people our age

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.