Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there such thing as clearing for PGCE's?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am sure there is one, for those who failed to get a place, but don't know how it works etc.

ReputationRep:
    You simply look for/contact universities with spaces available. If you wish to apply, then send an application. You can initially apply for 3 universities. If you're unsuccessful at all 3, then you can then send your application to other universities one at a time, until you're given an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TargetPoint)
    You simply look for/contact universities with spaces available. If you wish to apply, then send an application. You can initially apply for 3 universities. If you're unsuccessful at all 3, then you can then send your application to other universities one at a time, until you're given an offer.
    This is the first year of a new single application system. It doesn't just apply to university places but also covers School Direct and SCITT. All available places can be found via the UCAS page for teacher training. Simply select the filter to show only courses with vacancies. As mentioned above you end up having to apply for one place at a time. Each provider has up to 40 days to process your application and make an offer. This is pretty inefficient compared with the typical undergrad clearing system and is causing lots of providers of ITT a problem. There are plenty of vacancies still out there but matching them up to applicants can be painfully slow. I would suggest making a direct approach to any providers who still have vacancies and see if they are willing to give you a better idea of whether or not your application would be in the running- this could save you a wasted application and there really is no time left for waiting 40 days. If you are a secondary computer scientist they might we'll bite you're arm off, PE possibly not so easy. Primary still not fully recruited in most regions. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know when most of the PGCE/ITT courses start in September? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there are places still available. I received my offer on the 17th July.

My course is starting on the 22nd of September, but it's different for every uni I think, and we have a placement to complete before that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.