Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do companies sell revealing clothes for young girls? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can a law not be passed to stop this?

ReputationRep:
    Because clueless chavs buy them for their offspring.

ReputationRep:
    The real question is why would any parent allow their child to dress like a slut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    For example, why do shops sell really short shorts/skirts for girls who are about 12 or 13? Can a law not be passed to stop this?
    So, in your dictatorship - at what age are girls allowed to wear short skirts? How long can they be, and how long do they have to be relative to the height of the wearer?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because they sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Because clueless chavs buy them for their offspring.
    What an appalling thing to say.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    The real question is why would any parent allow their child to dress like a slut?
    This really!

I went shopping the other day and saw some stuff in the kids section... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    So, in your dictatorship - at what age are girls allowed to wear short skirts? How long can they be, and how long do they have to be relative to the height of the wearer?
    Common sense is all I can say on it really. I just can't understand why any parent would allow their Year 8 daughter to come in to school on non-uniform day in practically her underwear; and yes this is common in the school in which I teach!

And, no, the weather is no excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Because children want to look like grown ups. They copy how they see grown ups dress because they think it'll make them look older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    What an appalling thing to say.
    And yet accurate from my observations

ReputationRep:
    Sex sells. Got get them on it whilst their young. :yes:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Because children want to look like grown ups. They copy how they see grown ups dress because they think it'll make them look older.
    That doesn't mean their parents should let them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Common sense is all I can say on it really. I just can't understand why any parent would allow their Year 8 daughter to come in to school on non-uniform day in practically her underwear; and yes this is common in the school in which I teach!

So can a 10 year old girl wear a short skirt as long as it isn't fashionable?

ReputationRep:
    They'll do anything to make profit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    That doesn't mean their parents should let them!
    Ofc, but companies sell them because kids want them and kids will pester parents until parents buy them. And companies know that.

And too many parents don't like being harsh and/or don't want their kid to be the one 'left behind' or bullied because of the kids who do get those clothes.

ReputationRep:

I don;t see why short skirts are wrong though, as long as they don't leave nothing to the imagination what is the problem?

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's all about the $$$

ReputationRep:
    Ofc, but companies sell them because kids want them and kids will pester parents until parents buy them. And companies know that.

And too many parents don't like being harsh and/or don't want their kid to be the one 'left behind' or bullied because of the kids who do get those clothes.
    There is no excuse for it and those parents are weak minded and do not possess the skills to be respectable parents
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

I know, it's really annoying!
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Erm... Butterfly? :lolwut:

So the parents are still the issue here. Why would you care if your clothes are 'fashionable'or not or if your child is 'left behind'? School is for learning and your parents should teach you that. If parents say more often no the companies would probably go bust.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    So can a 10 year old girl wear a short skirt as long as it isn't fashionable?
    She can wear it as long as it leaves something to the imagination at least.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.