Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello! Long story short, my ex and I split up over a year ago. We were friends up until I got into a new relationship, after this she messaged me saying she couldn't be friends with me because it hurt too much to see my relationship status. When this relationship ended she re-added me, sending me friendly messages at first and then trying to get me back. When I told her I didn't want to get back with her she deleted me again.

Now after several months she's added me again. After a few days considering it I decided to accept, wanting to show there were no hard feelings on my side and because I was curious to as why she'd added me after so long. Turns out she added me because she wants me to see that she has a new boyfriend, according to a close friend of mine whom she told. I'm just generally confused to why? Has anyone out there ever done this and can shed some light on it?

ReputationRep:
    Wants you to feel
    How she did probably but if you don't feel anything about this then your winning. Probably to show you she doesn't care and to show her new bf off when maybe she does care!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To make you jealous.

ReputationRep:
    She still likes you. But from what I see, its a pretty immature thing to do. I believe this kind of behaviour dies by the time you're 17. Never talk to an ex once you're done with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She sounds pretty messed up, just talk to her about all the amazing girls you have been with since, she will soon be off again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gonzolo)
    She sounds pretty messed up, just talk to her about all the amazing girls you have been with since, she will soon be off again.
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    She was probably just being nosy, she might not even speak to you.

ReputationRep:
    "you got a new girlfriend and now you're single because she didn't want you and now look at me I have a boyfriend and he's better than you ha ha I hope you want me back because you're not having me now"

that's what she's thinking

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.