Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! This forum is for anyone who is or is hoping to be in Cartmel College for 2014/15 applicants! If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and we'll answer them!

Go to our website for more information at www.cartmel.lusu.co.uk and look out for our 2014 Freshers' Page and Forum on Facebook for all things to do with starting life at Lancaster University and information on your exciting first week with us at Cartmel College.

We look forward to meeting you all soon,
    Cartmel JCR Executive.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Cartmel as first choice when the email offer to apply came out! Got my course place confirmed last year! Any clue when confirmations of room applications will begin?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    (Original post by HSpink14)
    I applied for Cartmel as first choice when the email offer to apply came out! Got my course place confirmed last year! Any clue when confirmations of room applications will begin?
    From what I understand, though this is referring to Furness rather than Cartmel. You should receive allocations around late August. At this point you should know the type of accommodation and your college. You may know your block as well but will not usually know your room number or floor until you arrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSpink14)
    Confirmation for your rooms begin from this week! They may take a while as their all sent off by our residency officer, Edwina, and it's a very busy time for her. You'll get an email explaining everything so make sure you check your junk and spam folders too!

ReputationRep:
    Thats great I got my accommodation offer today for Cartmel and have accepted! x

ReputationRep:
    Although Cartmel wasn't one of my choices, I accepted my accommodation offer anyway. I will be on Cartmel College and studying Law and Criminology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLH94)
    Although Cartmel wasn't one of my choices, I accepted my accommodation offer anyway. I will be on Cartmel College and studying Law and Criminology
    Congratulations! We can't wait to meet you

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick reminder to everyone to ask any questions you like! I'll answer anything you want to ask, even the tiniest concerns!

Also, join our forums on a certain popular social networking site!

Tom x

ReputationRep:
    How will I know whether I have been accepted by this college as I haven't applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    College allocation is based entirely on what accommodation you've applied for. All undergraduates (Freshers) are guaranteed a place in residence if they apply before 15 August, so you need to apply really quickly to get a place!

There's a page here that shows all the different prices of accomodation and the lengths of their tenenacy: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/accom.../ugsummary.pdf

And here is where you sign in with to actually apply for the accomodation: https://www.colleges-residences.lanc...y/Default.aspx

Take a look at the first link and see what suits you best. I really hope Cartmel is the college for you! We have the best rooms and best facilities on campus

ReputationRep:
    I just accepted Cartmel! My name's Evie and I'll be studying Psychology (as my major)!

ReputationRep:
    looks like I'm in Cartmel too I'll be studying Maths

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving in with my husband, is it considered inappropriate for him to come to freshers stuff?

We're both pretty young (I'm 21, he's 26)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.