The Student Room Group

I wish I was as good looking as the guy in this picture, ask me anything

http://imgur.com/UhM9mkr

According to my mum, I look like a "weak and retarded" elderly person on drugs. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkteddyx64

According to my mum, I look like a "weak and retarded" elderly person on drugs. :frown:

He looks gay TBH (maybe it's just the pic :colondollar:)

I'm sure you look fine, but if you're worried about it start going to the gym/taking care of your skin/cut your hair etc :smile:
Original post by Champagning
He looks gay TBH (maybe it's just the pic :colondollar:)

I'm sure you look fine, but if you're worried about it start going to the gym/taking care of your skin/cut your hair etc :smile:
Thanks for the advice.

Come to think of it, my mum does often feel insecure about how she looks, so do you think she is trying to make me feel the same just to make herself feel better about herself? :confused:
Reply 3

And I look like a potato sitting atop a wire coat-hanger. Welcome to the club, along with every other guy who doesn't want to take a waxing strip to his torso-shrubbery! :biggrin:
Thanks for the advice.

Come to think of it, my mum does often feel insecure about how she looks, so do you think she is trying to make me feel the same just to make herself feel better about herself? :confused:

Yeah! If she's saying it seriously, that's being a **** mum, TBH :s-smilie:

Insecure people often try to put others down in order to make themselves feel better. Even if they seem "good-looking/popular" and like they have nothing to be insecure about.

I wouldn't take anything she says seriously :hugs: Only change your appearance if you want to. It's good to take pride in it, but don't feel bullied into it by your mum.
He's not all that..
Original post by Pedd
And I look like a potato sitting atop a wire coat-hanger. Welcome to the club, along with every other guy who doesn't want to take a waxing strip to his torso-shrubbery! :biggrin:
I tried the waxing strip thing to my torso back in 2012, after I felt jealous about how good looking Tom Daley looks. Needless to say, it went horribly wrong! :rolleyes:
Original post by Pedd

Potatoes are yummy, though... :sexface: :perv: :hubba:

:teehee:
Reply 8

I think your mum is being really harsh! Don't be so hard on yourself eh :smile:

Okay, for the sake of the thread, here's a question for you: what's your favourite film or films? And what was the last film you saw in the cinema, what are you looking forward to seeing next?

Your mum is hilarious

Post a pic?
Reply 12
I tried the waxing strip thing to my torso back in 2012, after I felt jealous about how good looking Tom Daley looks. Needless to say, it went horribly wrong! :rolleyes:

Chest like a slapped arse I imagine :biggrin:

Potatoes are yummy, though...

You again, culinary pervert!
Original post by Pedd
Chest like a slapped arse I imagine :biggrin:

You again, culinary pervert!

Indeed :colone:

What was that about slapping my arse? :biggrin:
Original post by Stinkum
I think your mum is being really harsh! Don't be so hard on yourself eh :smile:

Okay, for the sake of the thread, here's a question for you: what's your favourite film or films? And what was the last film you saw in the cinema, what are you looking forward to seeing next?

The last film I saw was the Lego movie, but I have no plans for the foreseeable future to see any more films at the cinema. My favourite film is the Harry Potter series.

I did at one point have plans to make my own film project.
Reply 15
Original post by Champagning
Indeed :colone:

What was that about slapping my arse? :biggrin:

*grabs coat and leaves room* :colondollar:
Original post by Blue_Mason

You have to be joking
Original post by Pedd
*grabs coat and leaves room* :colondollar:

It's time for The Gif. :colone:

Reply 18
The last film I saw was the Lego movie, but I have no plans for the foreseeable future to see any more films at the cinema. My favourite film is the Harry Potter series.

I did at one point have plans to make my own film project.

That sounds really cool. So have you done any work on that film project yet, or is it on the back burner for now?

Also, another question: what's the meaning of your username?

I'm bored.

Ever heard of the phrase 'don't wish to be someone else because someone probably wants to be you too?' :smile:

It means that, as it says, everyone has some factors they don't like about themselves. Even this random guy in the picture probably. No ones perfect, but you need to be happy with yourself and your own appearance. You probably look just fine. :tongue:

Stop thinking about what you don't like about yourself and think more about what you do like about yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest