Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I cut all contact with her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Greetings, I recently had sex with a woman in what I believed was a one night stand. It was somewhat to my disappointment when I discovered that she would like to pursue the relationship further, whereas I do not and I feel we are incompatible. I have decided that I will just ignore her until she gets the message. We exchanged numbers so I gave her a fake number. Is there anything else I should do is order to cease contact with her?

To moderators this is not a troll thread and so please do not delete or remove the thread. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nevergiveup1)
    I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. Have you any advice to impart?
    Yep, face up to it... If that isn't an option, leave one sentence replies, every few hours. That always gets the message across.

ReputationRep:
    just be honest with her? you giving her a fake number is leading her on. she'll move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubz1)
    Yep, face up to it... If that isn't an option, leave one sentence replies, every few hours. That always gets the message across.
    That sounds rather repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    I give people I don't like numbers to restaurants. So they ask for me and instead get Krishna asking if they want curry on that :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    just be honest with her? you giving her a fake number is leading her on. she'll move on.
    I do not really want to meet up with her, as that might be awkward.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds rather repetitive.
    never give up

ReputationRep:
    Turn the tables OP.

Tell her how much you love her, should get married pronto bla bla bla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    I give people I don't like numbers to restaurants. So they ask for me and instead get Krishna asking if they want curry on that :teehee:
    I just gave her a number that charges a lot to call. Hopefully that will get her to move on. Your approach is perhaps slightly more considerate as at least they can then order some food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    Turn the tables OP.

Tell her how much you love her, should get married pronto bla bla bla
    This sounds quite entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    I do not really want to meet up with her, as that might be awkward.
    oh well it will be an experience that you may need in the future, have the bit of respect for her and do it face to face. man up.

ReputationRep:
    oh well it will be an experience that you may need in the future, have the bit of respect for her and do it face to face. man up.
    What about through email, card or phone message? Preferably one of the first two as the third might be awkward as well having to explain the fake number thing.

ReputationRep:
    What about through email, card or phone message? Preferably one of the first two as the third might be awkward as well having to explain the fake number thing.
    my ex broke up with me online and i was like wow....thats pretty cowardly. ermm ur situation is different, yeah maybe a phone message will do.. or maybe u just tell her the truth and apologise? you kinda messed up in the first place, u shud've been str8 up with her.

ReputationRep:
    my ex broke up with me online and i was like wow....thats pretty cowardly. ermm ur situation is different, yeah maybe a phone message will do.. or maybe u just tell her the truth and apologise? you kinda messed up in the first place, u shud've been str8 up with her.
    If it will be that awkward perhaps I should just ignore her completely?

ReputationRep:
    OP either do what i said for lols or go no contact. Block her, delete number etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    OP either do what i said for lols or go no contact. Block her, delete number etc
    Your idea is tempting but I will take the second option as I would though cutting contact would still like to be the one terminating the relationship. The question now is how. She does not have my phone number or email address (I have both her number and email), but is there any other way I can make sure she is ignored?

ReputationRep:
    She got your name, facebook?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamu)
    She got your name, facebook?
    No, I gave her a fake name as well.

ReputationRep:
    See the OP.
    What about her do you need to ignore if she has no way of contacting you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.