Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girl friend says she doesn't want to have sex when we meet up in 9 days?? Watch

Announcements

We've been together for close to 3 months, and at the moment we can't see each other until she and I head down to the South of France separately.

For the moment she's in York (visiting family) and I'm in London (where we both live).

Anyway, she told me over text tonight that she doesn't want to risk getting a uti when we're in France ... so she asked me if we could put off sex!

She tells me urethra is tiny and that it's so easy for her to get the bladder issue.

I told her it was fine, and that I understood, but a part of me is asking why? She mentioned antibiotics that could help her, and she could drink a lot of cranberry juice too, so I said I could get all that for her and she pleaded with me, so I had to say OK.

What's up? is she serious?

ReputationRep:
    If you think that the urethral opening is the hole that you're supposed to be inside then I think it's best that you abstain from sex for now...

(Original post by Petulia)
    If you think that the urethral opening is the hole that you're supposed to be inside then I think it's best that you abstain from sex for now...
    The urethra is shorter and emerges at the female external urethral orifice above the vaginal opening ...

A UTI develops when part of the urinary tract becomes infected, usually by bacteria. Bacteria can enter the urinary tract through the urethra or, more rarely, through the bloodstream ....

You just made yourself look very, very stupid.

ReputationRep:
    The urethra is the bit urine come out of... By the sounds of it, maybe she's just not ready mentally, as opposed to the physical side-effects, which don't really make sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The urethra is shorter and emerges at the female external urethral orifice above the vaginal opening ...

A UTI develops when part of the urinary tract becomes infected, usually by bacteria. Bacteria can enter the urinary tract through the urethra or, more rarely, through the bloodstream ....

You don't stick your **** in the urethra you idiot

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by hprynne)
    The urethra is the bit urine come out of... By the sounds of it, maybe she's just not ready mentally, as opposed to the physical side-effects, which don't really make sense...

How can she not be ready 'Mentally'? It's been 3 months, she initiated sex the first time, she talks about sex the most too?

ReputationRep:

So you know all of this yet you're still wondering whether she's serious?......

(Original post by Petulia)
    So you know all of this yet you're still wondering whether she's serious?......
    I'm not questioning her seriousness in the relationship, I'm questioning whether it is as easy as she says to get UTIs!! ... For someone talking about sex et al, to suddenly tell me she doesn't want it seems VERY strange to me.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably getting bonked by another man OP.

ReputationRep:
    If she hasnt had sex with you before maybe she is being genuine some women are very prone to geting uti's after sex.

ReputationRep:
    How can she not be ready 'Mentally'? It's been 3 months, she initiated sex the first time, she talks about sex the most too?
    But although she may have wanted it earlier, perhaps it's not something she wants now... Talking about something and actually carrying it out are two completely different things.. It would be best to just speak to her,

(Original post by Sanctimonious)
    She's probably getting bonked by another man OP.
    Nope, I can tell you with infinite certainty she isn't.

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    If she hasnt had sex with you before maybe she is being genuine some women are very prone to geting uti's after sex.

We've had sex many times before, and each time she complains about a UTI afterwards.

(Original post by hprynne)
    But although she may have wanted it earlier, perhaps it's not something she wants now... Talking about something and actually carrying it out are two completely different things.. It would be best to just speak to her,
    I have spoken to her ... I asked why she's concerned about us having sex one day out of the three that we see each other, until it's 1 month without seeing each other ... and she was like "Because I'm sure I'll get a UTI and spend hours locked in your toilet"

ReputationRep:
    We've had sex many times before, and each time she complains about a UTI afterwards.
    Well then maybe just let her enjoy her time in France UTI free.

ReputationRep:
    This kind of thread makes me so angry. It's like everyone has taken a stupid pill.

If she's getting infections - then don't do it. Do something else. She hasn't got a UTI in her mouth has she? No. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    I have spoken to her ... I asked why she's concerned about us having sex one day out of the three that we see each other, until it's 1 month without seeing each other ... and she was like "Because I'm sure I'll get a UTI and spend hours locked in your toilet"
    Maybe you should speak to her with a doctor, about precautions you could take to make sure she does not get a UTI? Clearly she is worried about it, so making sure that you both have done everything possible to prevent an infection would probably be more relieving..

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to get too personal, but do you think your sex has been satisfying for her? Has she orgasmed? Are you sexually experienced? Feel free to ignore these, but you are anonymous...

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    Well then maybe just let her enjoy her time in France UTI free.
    It's probably that, but we both know we won't be seeing each other for a whole month after that. She'll still get UTIs then too. Plus after maybe 2 weeks when I get back, I'm off to Uni in another city.

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    I don't want to get too personal, but do you think your sex has been satisfying for her? Has she orgasmed? Are you sexually experienced? Feel free to ignore these, but you are anonymous...
    Nothing really too personal actually ... no, she keeps telling me over, and over, and over about how much she loves having sex with me (even when the conversation is completely different) ... she has orgasmed at least 3 times in our 3 month relationship ... so I doubt it has anything to do with her enjoying it or not. Plus she told me "If I didn't get UTIs so often I'd have sex with you every day "

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.