The Student Room Group

My girl friend says she doesn't want to have sex when we meet up in 9 days??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Some of you just don't get it do you ...... I DO understand it, and I DON'T have a problem with it ... I just need some more info on UTIs and how common they could be; how to maybe decrease them too ...

There's a whole page on tips to prevent them from the NHS. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Urinary-tract-infection-adults/Pages/Prevention.aspx They're pretty common though, it sounds like for her not having sex is the way to decrease the chance of them occuring. Unless she goes on antibiotics.
she b playin u dawg
Reply 42
Original post by Mankytoes
But surely you've got to get past them eventually, what would you do, just stop having sex?

No, but I wouldn't want to have sex while on a trip away far from home! They're quite debilitating.

Let me clarify: this is NOT a LDR ... we're both from London, she is simply away in York for a week with some family.

She is heading down to London in a week's time, and I'm leaving to France Wednesday or Thursday.

We're meeting in the South of France on the 29th.

I can imagine how bad they are because I have had one in the past ... but it just seems strange.

I don't know why it would seem strange to you? I mean, I definitely get that it's frustrating, but can't you understand why she doesn't want to? I guess UTIs are different for men and women (although I thought they were meant to be worse for men).

Some of you just don't get it do you ...... I DO understand it, and I DON'T have a problem with it ... I just need some more info on UTIs and how common they could be; how to maybe decrease them too ...

There are only a few things you can do to reduce the risk of getting them, and they're not that effective really (apart from not having sex!). There's not even scientific proof that cranberry juice works (or there wasn't the last time I read up on this), it's more one of those old remedies that a lot of people swear works.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cystitis/Pages/Prevention.aspx She probably gets cystitis. This website suggests that she should go to a doctor if it's recurring - maybe there's something that can be done in the long run?

Painkillers can lessen the discomfort - I found Co-codamol quite effective, but then it made me throw up repeatedly because it's a strong painkiller and not for everyone. What you lose on the swings ...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by scrotgrot
Sounds like she is very enthusiastic (though I'd have hoped you'd have made her orgasm more regularly than that, it's really not hard in my experience).

I don't think that's fair - it depends so much on the girl as well.
Well we don't have the chance to have sex as often as you might do ... maybe 1 every 2 weeks or so ... mainly because of her UTIs, so I think 3 times is a good start.

UTIs happen most commonly after sexual intercourse ... Every time we have sex she complains about it when I get home.

Blow jobs are great and all ... but I'd like to have sex too you know.

That's a shame - but if you're used to that, this surely won't be so much more of a deprivation than usual?

Has your girlfriend had much sex before you? From the other girls here it seems this is mainly a problem for newly sexually active people and it may improve with time. Look long-term - this holiday will soon be a distant memory, and there are plenty of other things you can do in the South of France both in bed and out.

For me sex ideally shouldn't be a three-course menu where oral is at best a starter before the main course, really all the different stuff you can do in bed should be seen as a cheese board where sometimes you want to pick at a bit of Brie and sometimes Edam. We all get into our routines but I think variety is the spice of life in bed and definitely something to aim for
We've had sex many times before, and each time she complains about a UTI afterwards.

Having sex increases your chance of UTI which is why girls are always told to have a wee after sex, if she gets them easily I can completely understand her wanting to wait I wouldn't want an infection abroad either and if she leaves it it can develop into a more serious infection.
Original post by KJane
There's a whole page on tips to prevent them from the NHS. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Urinary-tract-infection-adults/Pages/Prevention.aspx They're pretty common though, it sounds like for her not having sex is the way to decrease the chance of them occuring. Unless she goes on antibiotics.

I don't want her to risk antibiotics, but those concentrated cranberry tablets sound good ... I'll look into them a bit more. Thanks :smile:
Reply 47
Nothing really too personal actually :smile: ... no, she keeps telling me over, and over, and over about how much she loves having sex with me (even when the conversation is completely different) ... she has orgasmed at least 3 times in our 3 month relationship ... so I doubt it has anything to do with her enjoying it or not. Plus she told me "If I didn't get UTIs so often I'd have sex with you every day :smile: "

Not setting the bar particularly high, I see. :colone:
Original post by CJKay
Not setting the bar particularly high, I see. :colone:

Read the other responses, we barely ever have sex.
Original post by Jelkin

There are only a few things you can do to reduce the risk of getting them, and they're not that effective really (apart from not having sex!). There's not even scientific proof that cranberry juice works (or there wasn't the last time I read up on this), it's more one of those old remedies that a lot of people swear works.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cystitis/Pages/Prevention.aspx She probably gets cystitis. This website suggests that she should go to a doctor if it's recurring - maybe there's something that can be done in the long run?

Painkillers can lessen the discomfort - I found Co-codamol quite effective, but then it made me throw up repeatedly because it's a strong painkiller and not for everyone. What you lose on the swings ...

My GF can't relate to any of the symptoms of Cystitis.

Another user recommended cranberry tablets, and after some research I think they would suit her as A) She likes cranberry B) It wouldn't cause any other issues.

Thanks.
I totally understand her, I had that problem. Basically having sex can cause UTI's especially if you use a condom because bacteria can move around and end up in the urethra. I got a UTI when I had sex for the first time, to avoid this happening again my doctor told me to use the restroom after having sex asap-apparently peeing flushes bacteria out, and it worked!
I totally understand her, I had that problem. Basically having sex can cause UTI's especially if you use a condom because bacteria can move around and end up in the urethra. I got a UTI when I had sex for the first time, to avoid this happening again my doctor told me to use the restroom after having sex asap-apparently peeing flushes bacteria out, and it worked!

I don't use a condom though, she's on the pill.

I've heard from plenty of other users that she should go have a pee straight after ... so I'll tell her that, because I've realised she doesn't. I'll get her some cranberry tablets for her too :smile:

Thanks.

HA! The bru I sent this to deleted his comment ... must have done some research to "de-myth" it.
Reply 54
Her GP can refer her to a urologist who can dilate her urethra to reduce the risk of UTI after intercourse.
Tell her to take some cystitis relief with her on holiday and just bang. I am VERY prone to getting UTIs (I will have one once a month whether I've had sex or not) and I would never tell my boyfriend to not have sex with me. We're long distance, but it would be the same if we saw each other all the time too. She needs to grow up. Next, she'll be saying she doesn't want sex on holiday for fear of getting a UTI.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending