Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any other arachnophobes out there? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I've just seen this huuuge spider, and it's run away so that I can't find it...that means goodbye sleep tonight! Any other arachnophobes on here? (And I mean serious arachnophobes, not people who are a bit uncomfortable when there's a spider around :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yip I'm scared of spiders too. I panic if I lose sight of a spider too. I don't rest until I find it! More scared of bees and wasps though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I once slept on the couch because there was a spider in my room. And about a week ago there was one on my bed but I couldn't find it so I pulled all the blankets off and slept on the bare sheet.

ReputationRep:
    I can handle literally everything else, except maybe those huuge centipedes mooching around in Africa/Asia, but I just can't cope with spiders D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may348)
    I once slept on the couch because there was a spider in my room. And about a week ago there was one on my bed but I couldn't find it so I pulled all the blankets off and slept on the bare sheet.
    Well I'm sitting here with the fly swat ready for when it ventures out again, and if I have to, I'll stay up AAALL NIGHT :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely a serious arachnophobic, 😭😭 when I just see a spider I die inside, it's probably their Long curly legs and fat body eewww

Lol I remember once I found a spider in my bedroom running around and I was so scared I slept on the top bunk of the bed with my sister, which was really cramped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do all right with em don't know what I'd do around a tarantula though or those cave spiders that are size of a hand and bite you. Oh Goddd nooo :spider: I fear ALL rodents and marsupials, childhood trauma gone unresolved :afraid: Bats !!! EWWWW!!!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely terrified.

I will not sleep in a room if I know there's a spider lurking.

ReputationRep:
    Years ago my sister and I shared a room. I accidentally woke her up one night while I was getting ready to get into bed and she mumbled something about seeing a spider near my bed. This was right at the beginning of my summer holidays. I slept on my living room sofa for those six weeks. :nothing: On one particular day a bird decided to fly into the living room while I was sleeping and my other sister was watching TV. She jumped up and ran out screaming and waking me up. I hid under my blanket ****ting myself at the thought of this bird attacking me. Still, that wasn't enough to get me to move back into my room. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, is it weird that I find tarantulas less scary than smaller spiders? I mean once it gets to be that size it's like not even a bug anymore, but like a small animal...

ReputationRep:
    I am, and about a week ago at 3am I saw a massive one run across my floor. I obviously couldn't get my mum to get it out so I basically nearly dialled 999. I decided try and cover it with a cup, but when I came back I got too scared and it ran underneath my bedside table so I slept on the couch that night.
    Also if I'm in the kitchen or something and I see one, I'll immediately jump on the table/countertop.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright if there's a long handled fly swat around , I don't like squashing them any more because a huge spider ran straight out from under my wad of Kleenex even when I squashed it so hard I cracked the wall :00

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.