Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else replay awkward moments from years ago in their heads? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Like embarrassing things you said where you wanted a hole to open up and swallow you

ReputationRep:
    I have an overactive mind which likes to dwell on moments that are cringey.

ReputationRep:
    All the time man, all the time

ReputationRep:
    Yes. More likely to dwell on/think of awkward/embarrassing/painful past events if my mental state isn't so great at the time as well.

ReputationRep:
    My dad once said 'you've lost so much weight, you look great' to my mum's friend.

She was pregnant.

I replay her reaction in my head every single day.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

The interesting part - which is the one you replay in your mind, which is the most awkward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Falls Down)
    My dad once said 'you've lost so much weight, you look great' to my mum's friend.

She was pregnant.

How's that awkward? She looks good AND she's recently become pregnant, isn't that every woman's dream? To look good while pregnant
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yip all the time, especially just before I go to sleep. Lately its been awkward things that have happened lately though rather than years ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    Yes.

The interesting part - which is the one you replay in your mind, which is the most awkward?
    Sitting down to talk to a group of girls, they paid 0 interest towards me, after about 30 seconds I stand up and walk away
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moved to chat

ReputationRep:
    My life is basically this:

ReputationRep:
    All the damn time :cry2: it's annoying how I can remember all that but not anything that's actually useful :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Yes all the time, i have an overactive mind and thoughts of embarassing and awkward moments tend to replay often, especially as i have a lot of those moments
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I get reminded of them but I don't let myself dwell unless considering what I would do differently.

ReputationRep:
    I do sometimes. I think about some stupid thing that happened or was said years ago and think things like "I should have done this instead, that would have been so much better".

On a slightly related note, does anyone else get into an argument with someone, immediately start thinking of things you should have said, and then win the argument several hours later in your head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All Falls Down)

She was pregnant.

What was her reaction like?

I'd be abit wary if i was your mum. Your dads compliments don't seem genuine at all lol xD

(Original post by RFowler)

On a slightly related note, does anyone else get into an argument with someone, immediately start thinking of things you should have said, and then win the argument several hours later in your head?
    OMG you've just basically summarised my life.

I ALWAYS think of the most genius comebacks after the argument is over. I sometimes wonder if I should start the argument again and say the new comeback but i don't bother :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes its like a mild version of PTSD
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Much to often, except it makes me feel like punching myself. Then it passes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James222)
    Yes its like a mild version of PTSD
    Precisely this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.