Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What CAREERS can you enter with a Mathematics degree?

ReputationRep:
    u can be a maths teacher
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    With a Maths degree you can get into anything I suppose, excluding specific sectors that need speciality e.g. being a doctor.

For example a friend of mine (much older than me, family friend) graduated with an MSc in Biological Science, then moved on to working as a journalist.

My Physics teacher did Maths at uni but somehow ended up as a Physics teacher. He didn't even do Physics GCSE let alone A-Level.

But it goes to show you can do a lot with Maths - even if it's not necessarily Maths related and that goes for many degrees. Heck, my sister did Philosophy and now works for PR/Marketing. Funny how it can turn out sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    Work in the city; banking; become an accountant; management consultancy; tutoring; economics; computing; go into the forces; the treasury; the list can go on and on

Any job that needs an analytical brain.

ReputationRep:
    Be incredibly sexy.
    I would totally date a mathematics graduate..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzehWolf)
    Be incredibly sexy.
    I would totally date a mathematics graduate..
    Personally prefer English graduates if I do say so myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.