Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, so I thought it would be a good idea to set up this thread so if anyone think of anything that they are taking to university that is handy or others might not think of then they can let everyone else know and just a bit of helping each other out with tips and tricks for getting up there, unpacking and setting up :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on going up on the day we can move in with a few essentials, then my dad come up the next day with all my stuff, it'll take him 5+hrs to get up, maybe an hour to unpack boxes and another 5+hrs home so he kinda needs an entire day to get up and back. Hopefully that wont be an issue with the Uni lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its an 8 hour journey for me so I'm going up on the Saturday since my parents can't do the trip in one day and be back to work in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savagejd87)
    Yeah its an 8 hour journey for me so I'm going up on the Saturday since my parents can't do the trip in one day and be back to work in time
    ah so move in day is Sunday? well crap lol might be going up the day before then

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, you can go up on Saturday if you need to though, it'll all be in the booklet they put out mid August on the website

ReputationRep:
    Im going up on the saturday. I emailed and asked and theyve added a note to my details for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietROAR)
    Im going up on the saturday. I emailed and asked and theyve added a note to my details for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooo, who do I e-mail for that?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, who do I e-mail for that?
    Accommodation@tees.ac.uk

I just told them that due to mum being a teacher and being back at work its tricky to move in between 2&6 on the sunday as it takes 4hours on a good drive to get home. But that i dont want to stress mum out as shes moved all of her other children in. Blah.

I wont be staying there saturday night unless theres someone else im my house tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietROAR)
    Accommodation@tees.ac.uk

I just told them that due to mum being a teacher and being back at work its tricky to move in between 2&6 on the sunday as it takes 4hours on a good drive to get home. But that i dont want to stress mum out as shes moved all of her other children in. Blah.

I wont be staying there saturday night unless theres someone else im my house tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, cool, how do you know the times for moving in? I thought the boioklet wasn't up yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, cool, how do you know the times for moving in? I thought the boioklet wasn't up yet?
    It says it on the website. I think its on the faq. I found a great page the other day but cant link it off my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here is where you find the collection times - http://www.tees.ac.uk/minisites/fres...modation.cfm#8

I actually found a bunch of links and downloads that I have posted here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2759799 including the welcome booklets from last year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.