Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This blog is pretty much for me to rant really and just get everything down. I am planning to go university this year but everything is pretty much a mess. I originally applied for law through ucas and when I got my offers I declined them all and went through extra. I then got an offer from another university but now I don't want to go there as it so close to home and I want to go somewhere further away from home. I do know that I want to go university and study law but things are just a bit crazy. My mum doesn't want me to go and she's pretty much trying to everything she can to stop me from leaving but I don't resent her for that. She needs me and she's dependent on me which makes things a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get a job so I can save some money for university which is not going so well. I have been applying for jobs but I've been busy with college and other stuff and there's also Ramadan. Soon as Ramadan is over I'll probably print out some CVs and hand them out. But who would want to hire someone who is (hopefully) leaving for university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why would ramadan stop you applying for jobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    why would ramadan stop you applying for jobs?
    Not stop me completely. I have been applying online but I've been meaning to go out and hand out cvs but I haven't since I'm tired most of the time and also the heat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do realise I am being a bit vague and probably not making much sense which is partly because it's 5 something in the morning and I haven't slept and also it's very complicated and it would take a lot of time for me to put everything down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia95)
    Not stop me completely. I have been applying online but I've been meaning to go out and hand out cvs but I haven't since I'm tired most of the time and also the heat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well stop being lazy then, I'm doing ramadan on 5hrs sleep a night. going to the gym for 2 hrs in the morning, then I'm a medical student at a hospital where I walk around and examine patients all day from 8-5 so I'm sure you can go for a little walk and hand out CVs.

If there is more to your situation then explain it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    well stop being lazy then, I'm doing ramadan on 5hrs sleep a night. going to the gym for 2 hrs in the morning, then I'm a medical student at a hospital where I walk around and examine patients all day from 8-5 so I'm sure you can go for a little walk and hand out CVs.

If there is more to your situation then explain it.
    You do have a point. I am being lazy. Lol just yesterday my laptop charger broke which had my CV on it and it's dead. First I would have to get a laptop charger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The reason why I declined all my offers was as the entry requirements for law were quite high I couldn't apply for universities that I really wanted. I wanted to go to a better university and so I thought I'll switch to politics and later on probably do a conversion course. So through extra I applied for politics with Queen Mary. I realise now the reason why I applied for Queen Mary was for my mum rather than myself. She was more happier than me when I got the offer but I wasn't. Just thinking about going to a university that's 20 minutes away sounds depressing and I feel as I would miss out on quite a lot. My plan was to wait until I get my results and either use adjustment or clearing. I know you can only use adjustment if you have met and exceeded your conditions. I think I will meet them but definitely won't exceed them. I have posted some of this on another thread where someone told me I can't hold onto my offer from QM if I want to use clearing which scares me. I really do want to study law at Surrey. I actually don't know what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am actually looking forward to freshers which obviously depends on whether I am going to university. The fact that I don't drink, I've never been to a party or went clubbing before should make me a bit worried but I'm pretty much excited.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really should sort out my student loan application. I still haven't given them the documents that proves my identity as my passport is expired. I also have to tell them that I now plan to live away from home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've asked Queen Mary to reject my application and so I will now be in clearing. Can't believe what I have just done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samia95)
    I've asked Queen Mary to reject my application and so I will now be in clearing. Can't believe what I have just done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you need counselling :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Lol I know. Even though it's an okayish uni I don't want to go there and I don't think I'll be happy there.

ReputationRep:
    Dont use religion as an excuse for being lazy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.