Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for Accounting and Finance, and the offer was 38 with 5 in maths HL, and i got 37 with 5 in maths HL.
    Makes me sad cause i'm a tiny 1 mark away from getting 38.
    So, so far I've written an appeal to warwick, a long appeal actually (cause I really wanna go there), and they replied me a long letter.

"

Thank you for your email regarding your offer from us. If you are having your paper regraded, please notify us of the outcome in the earliest instance.

In regards to your query, confirmation of offers will firstly be made to those that have been able to meet the terms and conditions of their offer in full.

If there are still places available the Course Selector may view applicants that have not met the conditions of their offer, but there is no guarantee this will happen; and obviously, we will not know the likelihood of there being vacancies for those who have not met their offers until after all examinations results have been received by the middle of August. There will also be a number of other factors that will need to be taken into consideration.

Please be advised that the number of offers we make for each course, and the level of the offers themselves, have been carefully calculated and predicted to reflect accurately the number of applicants we anticipate will both meet, and accept, their offer conditions, and therefore meet the course capacities and fill the available places.

Please also note that your course is a highly popular and competitive choice of course. Our degree courses are heavily oversubscribed by extremely well qualified applicants, the majority of whom are more than capable of meeting the academic requirements for entry.

At this point in the cycle we do not know what courses, if any, will be entered into clearing.

I hope this has been of assistance to you, and may I take this opportunity to wish you every success with your studies, and for the future."

Which I dont actually get.. so are they saying to me to wait until alevel results come out?
    Anyway, I'm positive that remarking will make me get 38, (I could remark others and have some chance to get 40 even but I have too little money to spend on remarking)

Anyway, so I can't do anything here. I'm afraid if I bother them so much, they'll annoy me. But i'm planning to wait for my remark results, and in the meantime I may send some recommendation letters from my subject teachers.

I have two of my friends having quite a similar situation. one guy having an offer frm UCL for chem.engineering. his offer was 38 with 6 in maths and chem HL, and he got 37 with 6 in maths and chem. But he still got accepted! He didnt even appeal/. I thought UCL is a reputable uni and chem e is an oversubscribed course?
    Another one who has an offer of 37 with 6 in maths n physics HL(in manchester doing mechengineering with business management), but got 38 with 5 in maths and physics. and she got rejected rightaway.

The point of this post is... what should i do ?? my insurance uni, cardiff also still havent given me an unconditionall letter..

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely down to the university how they handle their admissions. UCL may have chosen your friend for any number of reasons really.

Warwick are saying they'll give out their offers to everyone they know have the best results first, which is why they want to wait until they have A level results too. They then work their way down the list of results, highest to lowest, giving out offers from that. (Someone taking A Levels may have better overall grades than you have now, is the point they are making)

If your paper is regraded and goes up, let them know and you'll probably get pushed back up to the top and receive your offer as expected. If it doesn't go up, then you'll have to wait until mid August when A level results are out, they'll examine all the applicants at the same time and probably pick those with the best results.

I imagine you'd still be high up on their list only being one mark off, so unless a huge number of people with very high marks apply you'll probably still get your offer. Just not until August.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.