Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What movie had an ending that annoyed you and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
    I think it's stupid how a dystopian society will allow the final two people to not fight to the death just because they were in love with each other and threatened to kill themselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K_o_46)
    I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
    I think it's stupid how a utopian society will allow the final two people to not fight to the death just because they were in love with each other and threatened to kill themselves
    The Capitol must have a champion!

ReputationRep:
    I think the point of the end of The Hunger Games was because they had to have a winner because it gave the people in the districts false hope that the capital wasn't so bad, and that meant they wouldn't rebel? Or did I imagine them saying something like this?

In answer to the question, the ending of Shutter Island and Inception. I don't like ambiguous endings.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The point of having a champion means that no-one is safe. The whole idea of the Hunger Games is so that the Capitol shows the districts they control them, and they hold their lives in their hands. Having children fight against each other to the death, with only one survivor, means that there can be no unity, no connections, and no allies within the other districts, or even within their own district. Only one may survive, because that person needs to be a symbol of the capitol forcing them to kill each other to the last man standing.

Personally I think Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had a terrible ending. It is like a dog laying a massive turd on the ground, and then another one comes over and lay more on top of it. Terrible, terrible movie.

I also thought Knowing (2009) had a promising story, with good build up, but the ending took that hope and stuck it in whichever hell The Last Airbender movie came from.

Fight Club was an intriguing and intelligent story, which was totally ruined in my eyes by the pseudo-gothic Michael Bay explosions at the end.

Talking of an intriguing story ruined by the ending, the list cannot go without Sunshine, where a zombie sun-guy jumps out and kills the crew of the space-ship nearly as fast as it killed my enthusiasm.

Beyond that, Grease (the car can fly), Return of the Jedi (dancing ewoks), Catwoman (the beginning, middle and ending were all terrible), War of the Worlds (bacteria OP), Return of the King (some say the ending is still going).

ReputationRep:
    Spirited Away. Beautiful film overall, but I was annoyed that she didn't really remember what happened after she left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    The point of having a champion means that no-one is safe. The whole idea of the Hunger Games is so that the Capitol shows the districts they control them, and they hold their lives in their hands. Having children fight against each other to the death, with only one survivor, means that there can be no unity, no connections, and no allies within the other districts, or even within their own district. Only one may survive, because that person needs to be a symbol of the capitol forcing them to kill each other to the last man standing.

Personally I think Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had a terrible ending. It is like a dog laying a massive turd on the ground, and then another one comes over and lay more on top of it. Terrible, terrible movie.

I also thought Knowing (2009) had a promising story, with good build up, but the ending took that hope and stuck it in whichever hell The Last Airbender movie came from.

Fight Club was an intriguing and intelligent story, which was totally ruined in my eyes by the pseudo-gothic Michael Bay explosions at the end.

Talking of an intriguing story ruined by the ending, the list cannot go without Sunshine, where a zombie sun-guy jumps out and kills the crew of the space-ship nearly as fast as it killed my enthusiasm.

Beyond that, Grease (the car can fly), Return of the Jedi (dancing ewoks), Catwoman (the beginning, middle and ending were all terrible), War of the Worlds (bacteria OP), Return of the King (some say the ending is still going).
    I thought the ending of Knowing was pretty good. Really enjoyed that film overall.

ReputationRep:
    Hunger Games is just silly all the way through, never mind the ending. What kind of advanced, utopian society with the best of everything gets it jollies from watching people die? Can't make that leap.

Dodgy endings, though, for me is The World's End. Just doesn't make sense. How can everything be cut off because modern technology no longer exists? We had telegraph communications with most of the world in the 1850s, the notion that we'd be cut off because of wifi stopping is bs.

ReputationRep:
    The Purge. :unimpressed: It was so crap and dull in the end. It basically ended with the family sitting at the table in silence for 5 minutes. What a waste of time! Concept was good, end was a load of ****.

ReputationRep:
    The Purge, Stephen King's 'IT', Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, The War of the Worlds and The Descent.

I personally thought that The Hunger Games was amazing; people look into it too deeply and ignore the movie as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    Shawshank Redemption. Still an amazing film but I thought the ending ruined it a bit. I don't know why, I just thought it just did. It wasn't a big disappointment but compared to the film up until that point it seemed like it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    No Country For Old Men.

Why because it just bloody cut out mid-sentence lol. Good movie though, I wouldn't say the ending ruined the movie. I just wasn't expecting such an abrupt ending.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Inception. I don't like ambiguous endings.

what did you think happened did he get back or not. i personally think he didnt.

ReputationRep:
    The Call. It didn't completely ruin the film but it was pretty bloody stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
    I think it's stupid how a utopian society will allow the final two people to not fight to the death just because they were in love with each other and threatened to kill themselves
    Well the capital cant appear weak and if katniss and peeta had killed themselves the capital wouldnt have had ANY champion. The capital is still defied but thats what i found so clever about it

ReputationRep:
    We Need To Talk About Kevin. The whole thing was utter sh*te.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavzky)
    Shawshank Redemption. Still an amazing film but I thought the ending ruined it a bit. I don't know why, I just thought it just did. It wasn't a big disappointment but compared to the film up until that point it seemed like it
    This.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The film was so busy giving everyone the ending that they wanted it forgot to give us the ending that the film deserved.

Although, TBF, Shawshank is hardly the only culprit.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start.

The Hunger Games.
    Dyrtopian*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    In answer to the question, the ending of Shutter Island and Inception. I don't like ambiguous endings.
    Two excellent endings.

I hate endings that go out of their way to tie everything up with a nice little ribbon (see Shawshank above); one of my main criticisms of The Dark Knight Rises is that it didn't cut just after
    Spoiler:
    Show
    we see Michael Caine look up and see you know who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    The Purge, Stephen King's 'IT', Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, The War of the Worlds and The Descent.

I personally thought that The Hunger Games was amazing; people look into it too deeply and ignore the movie as a whole.
    British or American release?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superdarklord)
    Dyrtopian*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Noted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.