Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So you support censorship as well?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...829152765.html

I guess when their murder of wounded civilians is filmed for the world to see, it doesn't quite sit well with them...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...115430364.html

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hang on a second, if your criteria for which side to support is based on freedom of press - then how the hell can you support 'palestinians' who don't tolerate media dissent

God, that's silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Hang on a second, if your criteria for which side to support is based on freedom of press - then how the hell can you support 'palestinians' who don't tolerate media dissent
    God, that's silly.
    I'm pro-peace. Not pro-Hamas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    I'm pro-peace. Not pro-Hamas
    Don't change the subject.

You just posted a thread in which your central point is that you don't support Israel because you deem them to be silencing the press by sanctioning Qatar's Al Jazeera.

So if freedom of press is your issue, then I suggest you look at what happens to dissenting journalists in 'palestinain' society and the complete lack of freedom of press there.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    There's a war going on? shots are fired left right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Don't change the subject.

You just posted a thread in which your central point is that you don't support Israel because you deem them to be silencing the press by sanctioning Qatar's Al Jazeera.

So if freedom of press is your issue, then I suggest you look at what happens to dissenting journalists in 'palestinain' society and the complete lack of freedom of press there.

Pathetic.
    Looks like I've hit a nerve...

I never changed the subject. The subject is that an official state, supported by many western nations is trying to oppress a media outlet, most likely show Israel for how they really are.

You assume that because I am anti-Israeli I am therefore pro-Hamas or something, which I am not. Just because one party (Hamas) does one thing, doesn't justify the other side (Israel) to do something similar, which you seem to be hinting at.

There is no justification for this, yet you seem to be trying to find a way to do just that...and that is what is pathetic brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    There's a war going on? shots are fired left right and centre.
    Oh ****...I forgot about that...

Yeah I guess the foreign minister was right to call for the news agency to be removed from Israel. He must be concerned about their health and safety and would like them to evacuate. Likewise with his call to boycott Arab businesses in Israel, I'm sure he just doesn't want them to get into trouble with the local racists. The FM of course not being a racist in the slightest of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Oh ****...I forgot about that...

Yeah I guess the foreign minister was right to call for the news agency to be removed from Israel. He must be concerned about their health and safety and would like them to evacuate. Likewise with his call to boycott Arab businesses in Israel, I'm sure he just doesn't want them to get into trouble with the local racists. The FM of course not being a racist in the slightest of course.
    Jewish people are having Synagogues {attacked} and protests against them, and you cry about Arab businesses' to be boycotted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Jewish people are having Synagogues {attacked} and protests against them, and you cry about Arab businesses' to be boycotted.
    I'm from Northern Ireland...I get even us vs. them bull**** over here thank you very much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.