Are previous team sports compulsory for the RAF?

Watch
l_lawton96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have my RAF filter interview in a couple weeks and have been revising like mad. I am currently going through the example interview questions and have come to the question that asks if I was involved in any team sports when I was in high school and unfortunately i wasn't. I mean, I wasn't an unsociable person by a long stretch and I wasn't unfit as I was a regular runner/swimmer and attended the gym quite regularly. The only team sport I have ever been involved in was football up until I was about 11 which doesn't really count. Will this be suicidal when I tell then that I wasn't a member of any clubs? I'm also very eager to get involved in sport in the RAF which is one of the main things I am looking forward to and hopefully, maybe even try something new and discover a hidden talent

Advice appreciated.
Lee.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by l_lawton96)
Will this be suicidal when I tell then that I wasn't a member of any clubs?
No.
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Categorically no.
Calsc85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As above, but be prepared to explain why you didn't/don't do any team sports. I passed my filter interview (though sadly failed my medical) but was asked (with some dismay in the interviewer's voice) why I hadn't done any team sports. I explained that I simply didn't enjoy any of the team sports I'd tried and had yet to find a team sport I wanted to spend my time doing, but gave other examples of how I was a 'team player.' They are looking for examples of 'sport' (i.e. fitness) and 'teamwork' but the two don't have to combine in one activity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (246)
60.29%
No (84)
20.59%
Not sure (78)
19.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed