Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my RAF filter interview in a couple weeks and have been revising like mad. I am currently going through the example interview questions and have come to the question that asks if I was involved in any team sports when I was in high school and unfortunately i wasn't. I mean, I wasn't an unsociable person by a long stretch and I wasn't unfit as I was a regular runner/swimmer and attended the gym quite regularly. The only team sport I have ever been involved in was football up until I was about 11 which doesn't really count. Will this be suicidal when I tell then that I wasn't a member of any clubs? I'm also very eager to get involved in sport in the RAF which is one of the main things I am looking forward to and hopefully, maybe even try something new and discover a hidden talent

Advice appreciated.
    Lee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l_lawton96)
    Will this be suicidal when I tell then that I wasn't a member of any clubs?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Categorically no.

ReputationRep:
    As above, but be prepared to explain why you didn't/don't do any team sports. I passed my filter interview (though sadly failed my medical) but was asked (with some dismay in the interviewer's voice) why I hadn't done any team sports. I explained that I simply didn't enjoy any of the team sports I'd tried and had yet to find a team sport I wanted to spend my time doing, but gave other examples of how I was a 'team player.' They are looking for examples of 'sport' (i.e. fitness) and 'teamwork' but the two don't have to combine in one activity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.