Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boreeeeed, AMA? :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I have decided to take a break from my - thus far, fruitless - job search and League of Legends is taking forever to patch / update, so I'm bored... ask me stuff, why dontcha? :grin:

ReputationRep:
    What's your dream career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaFirefly<3)
    What's your dream career?
    I really want to be a Mental Health Nurse... I'm applying to go back to university as we speak!

I forgot how much 'fun' UCAS was. :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    I really want to be a Mental Health Nurse... I'm applying to go back to university as we speak!

I forgot how much 'fun' UCAS was. :mad2:
    That sounds like a good career, it was one I was considering myself once upon a time I've heard it's really rewarding. What course did you take at sixth form/college in order to try and go into mental health nursing? I kinda get what you mean about UCAS, I've only had to apply to sixth form through UCAS but I found it pretty annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Can I bite you?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a good career, it was one I was considering myself once upon a time I've heard it's really rewarding. What course did you take at sixth form/college in order to try and go into mental health nursing? I kinda get what you mean about UCAS, I've only had to apply to sixth form through UCAS but I found it pretty annoying.
    I take it you've changed your mind, then? What career path takes your fancy?

I took a BTEC in Applied Science when I was at college and I have a degree in Psychology and English Language... I graduate Friday! It's only since I've graduated that I decided to take the plunge and change direction. Becoming a RMN is an unfulfilled career ambition of mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The vampire)
    Can I bite you?
    Sure, why the hell not?

ReputationRep:
    What age were you were you first starting using TSR and Why?

ReputationRep:
    Sure, why the hell not?
    :fangs::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why are you bored?

ReputationRep:
    Are you looking forward to Civilization: Beyond Earth?

ReputationRep:
    I take it you've changed your mind, then? What career path takes your fancy?

I took a BTEC in Applied Science when I was at college and I have a degree in Psychology and English Language... I graduate Friday! It's only since I've graduated that I decided to take the plunge and change direction. Becoming a RMN is an unfulfilled career ambition of mine.
    Yeah, I watched a program on different types of nursing and realised mental health nursing wasn't for me. I know that since I want to work in a health related area I will have to deal with death and shocking stories, but the job looked a little too upsetting for me, I felt so bad for all the patients. I think I'd be cuddling them better rather than giving them their medication haha I'm thinking of midwifery at the moment, or maybe a nutritionist or counsellor.

Ohh, congrats on graduating! Was it hard to decide to change career paths? I'm one of those people that always worries that I might one day change my mind haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Why are you bored?
    I spent two hours filling out job applications this morning, only to get an e-mail back telling me the vacancies 'no longer existed'... so, I thought, 'I'll play a game' and it turns out it's got a mahoosive patch... pls interwebs, speed up.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Are you looking forward to Civilization: Beyond Earth?
    Wait, whut? When is this happening?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I watched a program on different types of nursing and realised mental health nursing wasn't for me. I know that since I want to work in a health related area I will have to deal with death and shocking stories, but the job looked a little too upsetting for me, I felt so bad for all the patients. I think I'd be cuddling them better rather than giving them their medication haha I'm thinking of midwifery at the moment, or maybe a nutritionist or counsellor.

Ohh, congrats on graduating! Was it hard to decide to change career paths? I'm one of those people that always worries that I might one day change my mind haha!
    Aye, I can see why it wouldn't be suited to everyone as a career path, to be honest. Still, whichever direction you decide to go, I wish you the best of luck with your applications and getting the career you want; I'm sure you'll do great. :grin:

Actually, it took me about a year to decide that I was gonna go ahead and do this after I graduated, so it was pretty hard. I kind of felt like it was 'admitting I'd wasted four years' doing my degree. Now though, I appreciate the skills my degree will have given me and hope I can put 'em to good use in my training.

ReputationRep:
    lol patch is so damm big :L

Anyway , what lvl are u in league?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I can see why it wouldn't be suited to everyone as a career path, to be honest. Still, whichever direction you decide to go, I wish you the best of luck with your applications and getting the career you want; I'm sure you'll do great. :grin:

Actually, it took me about a year to decide that I was gonna go ahead and do this after I graduated, so it was pretty hard. I kind of felt like it was 'admitting I'd wasted four years' doing my degree. Now though, I appreciate the skills my degree will have given me and hope I can put 'em to good use in my training.
    Aw thanks, good luck to you too!

Ah I see what you mean there, I think I'd probably feel the same. But as long as you enjoyed doing your degree and it's given you skills that you didn't have before then I'd be glad that I did it! Just think, you'll have more skills than applicants that have come straight from A-Levels into mental health nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    lol patch is so damm big :L

Anyway , what lvl are u in league?
    I kept getting an error too... EUW, pleaaaase, stahp! :rant:

I'm level thirty, but I've kinda stopped playing normals and ranked games (provisional)... I'm taking a break 'cause there's only so much: 'omg n00b cancer go uninstall' I can take in any one go! So, it's all ARAM and Dominion at the moment.

Aw thanks, good luck to you too!

Ah I see what you mean there, I think I'd probably feel the same. But as long as you enjoyed doing your degree and it's given you skills that you didn't have before then I'd be glad that I did it! Just think, you'll have more skills than applicants that have come straight from A-Levels into mental health nursing
    I'm gonna be a mature student though, that's pretty daunting, aha!

ReputationRep:
    Favourite champion and role to play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    Favourite champion and role to play?
    MID OR FEED! Lol, JK. I prefer mid or ADC, though.

I can't choose between them, so... Lux, Ziggs and Jinx. :love:

ReputationRep:
    MID OR FEED! Lol, JK. I prefer mid or ADC, though.

I can't choose between them, so... Lux, Ziggs and Jinx. :love:
    But Teemo :love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.