(Original post by samstown)
    I'm studying... History
    English
    Philosophy
    Sociology

I'm interested in... films, reading, music, journalism

I'm thinking about... studying History at uni
    Hey, welcome to :tsr:

Are you about to start your AS levels in September? I also studied English & History
    Is there anything i could help you with?

We have a lot of different forums on TSR, especially for study help and regarding university so make sure you check out some of the TSR Forums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~)
    Hey, welcome to :tsr:

Are you about to start your AS levels in September? I also studied English & History
    Is there anything i could help you with?

We have a lot of different forums on TSR, especially for study help and regarding university so make sure you check out some of the TSR Forums

Thanks
    I'm going into A2 into September, kind of dreading it. How did you manage to juggle the workload of English and History?

ReputationRep:
    I also study history and English, your journalism comment interests me (I'd like to be an English teacher) can you explain this further?

I found that at school I loved history, but at college I realised that was down to the teacher not the subject, so I intend to drop it for a2. The workload was also at times unmanageable and I unashamedly prioritised English because that's what I want to do, where as others struggled on. (As a result I got 79/80 on my AS English coursework)

Best of luck with your a2 year, if you ever want any English help - I'm very passionate on language - message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I'm going into A2 into September, kind of dreading it. How did you manage to juggle the workload of English and History?
    Ah awesome. Will you be studying 4 subjects or are you dropping one?

I found it ok, all my subjects were essay based so was used to doing alot of essays. I would say i found English the hardest, just because there was so much reading and texts/quotes to remember. With History, as long as you revise and know the different topics then you should be fine. Generally people do better in their A2 exams than they do in their AS ones for essay subjects

ReputationRep:
    Ah awesome. Will you be studying 4 subjects or are you dropping one?

I found it ok, all my subjects were essay based so was used to doing alot of essays. I would say i found English the hardest, just because there was so much reading and texts/quotes to remember. With History, as long as you revise and know the different topics then you should be fine. Generally people do better in their A2 exams than they do in their AS ones for essay subjects
    Sociology is the bane of my life so I'm definitely dropping it lol. Okay thanks, that gives me a bit of hope then .
    Are you at university?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sociology is the bane of my life so I'm definitely dropping it lol. Okay thanks, that gives me a bit of hope then .
    Are you at university?
    Ah ok then haha, most of my friends hated Sociology too

I took a Gap Year, am going university in September to study Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh.m)
    I also study history and English, your journalism comment interests me (I'd like to be an English teacher) can you explain this further?

I found that at school I loved history, but at college I realised that was down to the teacher not the subject, so I intend to drop it for a2. The workload was also at times unmanageable and I unashamedly prioritised English because that's what I want to do, where as others struggled on. (As a result I got 79/80 on my AS English coursework)

Best of luck with your a2 year, if you ever want any English help - I'm very passionate on language - message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always been a newspaper geek, and my main aim after university is to become a culture journalist. Even though everyone is telling me that social media is going to make print journalism obsolete soon. That's interesting, what made you want to become a teacher?

I felt like that about English. My teacher was awful at marking our essays and the level of reading felt a bit overwhelming (I did the AQA Victorian synoptic exam). But if you enjoy History you should reconsider dropping it-what subject are you keeping in its place?

Thanks, you too

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok then haha, most of my friends hated Sociology too

I took a Gap Year, am going university in September to study Politics
    I don't know anyone who enjoys it to be honest :P Oh that's cool, where are you going study?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who enjoys it to be honest :P Oh that's cool, where are you going study?
    Ah i'm going University of Southampton

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.