The Student Room Group

NCS Challenge help

Hey I will be going to the NCS challenge soon and saw the timetable which said that we had a showcase in front of people. I'm a very shy person and not used to public speaking and when I saw this I felt uncomfortable going. Can anyone who has been tell me what it is like and how the showcase works. I'm doing enterprise and I can work as a team but just not speaking in front of everyone.
I did enterprise and for our showcase we spoke about what we had done that week. Since we were enterprise we created 3 business ideas that were pitched to the audience an we finished with a vote.

Everyone has to talk im afraid but only for 20-30 seconds unless like me you do one of the pitches in which case you'll talk for longer.

You'll talk to around 80 people (NCS people and their parents).

I would just suggest giving it a try and try to enjoy it. Everyone will be really supportive as you'll be working in a team. I was very shy going into the programme and hated public speaking but my confidence grew and I enjoyed doing my pitch a lot, everyone complimented it and im now interested in doing more of that sort of stuff.

So just get stuck in is my advice and don't take it too seriously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending