Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive got the nero burining cd software and had it installed and working for about 7 week. Recently ive clicked on the program to open it and it says
    ' the nero executable file was modified' and says uninstall the software and reinstall. so ive gone to add or remove programs and when i click remove it says ' the windows installer service could not be acessed' so i cant uninstall it :confused: ive tried to install the software again without uninstalling and it says it needs to be uninstalled first
    can any1 help

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you installation is currupt as well as the uninstall file. You could try doing a system restore but it won't fix the curropt files.

You will probably need to manually delete it from the system registry then it will let you install it again.

This is not an easy task for novices though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    ive got the nero burining cd software and had it installed and working for about 7 week. Recently ive clicked on the program to open it and it says
    ' the nero executable file was modified' and says uninstall the software and reinstall. so ive gone to add or remove programs and when i click remove it says ' the windows installer service could not be acessed' so i cant uninstall it :confused: ive tried to install the software again without uninstalling and it says it needs to be uninstalled first
    can any1 help
    have you tried removing it manually? try deleting the program files for it.

ReputationRep:
    Download "Your Uninstaller" that program allows you to unistall everything, even stuff that is hidden.

You can get the Crack for it too off the internet so it is free

ReputationRep:
    thanks how do i delete it manually though

ReputationRep:
    Nero... Ahh....

ok. Do you have windows xp? If so, do a system restore to the day just before the problem start to show. should be ok.

if not. Get yourself some registry cleaner. The one I use is called...jv16 Power Tools. besides of cleaning registry it does a lot of other things, nice tool. Ok, next step, obviously install the tool. Then manually delete everything, well, the Ahead folder that has nero in. Run your registry cleaning tool, and remove everything that is marked safe. Remove the nero entry from your uninstall list using jv16. Reboot and pray that the next time when you put your cd in it will not ask you to remove nero. I've not tried this method before, but, on paper it should work. But in practice may NOT be safe.

Among all the softwares I have on my computer, nero gives me the biggest headache. It has a habit of asking for serial numbers every now and then. Being a bundle copy, I don't have a serial.

Love your computer. Practice Safe Hex.

ReputationRep:
    You need to go to the program files directory and click on the folder probably entitled Nero and drag it to the recycle bin. However because its settings will still be in the registery there is a chance that it still won't let you uninstall it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    thanks how do i delete it manually though
    do you know where you first installed it on your pc? like, which file? if so, go find the file, right click on it and select delete. you will also need to delete it from the start menu- just right click on the words there and press delete.

if you don't know where you saved it, go to the start menu, find, files and folders, nero buning software.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    can any1 help
    Sounds like you tried to crack or otherwise modify the executable file and it's doing a checksum on it and complaining when it's not matching (could also be due to a virus infecting the exe, but such viruses are rarer nowadays...). You could try to copy just the executable file from the CD to the directory overwriting the corrupt one, but failing that working, does the Nero software not have its own uninstaller? Sometimes called 'unwise.exe' or 'uninst.exe' etc. with a dustbin icon in the program's directory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    You need to go to the program files directory and click on the folder probably entitled Nero and drag it to the recycle bin. However because its settings will still be in the registery there is a chance that it still won't let you uninstall it.
    nah it just keeps sayin the windows installer is either not installed or windows is running in safe mode but how do i check which problem it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Sounds like you tried to crack or otherwise modify the executable file and it's doing a checksum on it and complaining when it's not matching (could also be due to a virus infecting the exe, but such viruses are rarer nowadays...). You could try to copy just the executable file from the CD to the directory overwriting the corrupt one, but failing that working, does the Nero software not have its own uninstaller? Sometimes called 'unwise.exe' or 'uninst.exe' etc. with a dustbin icon in the program's directory?
    Hayden, please edit yuor sig soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    To say what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    why?

ReputationRep:
    try running C:\Program Files\ahead\Nero\NRESTORE.EXE
    or the equivilent

otherwise you could try running regedit and deleting the nero registry stuff

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.