Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being a gentleman, straight to friend zone? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A girl said I was a gentleman is this indication that I'm well and truly in the 'friend zone'?

ReputationRep:
    What did you do?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing trust me, but you need to have more qualities being a gentleman is fine but not when that's your only attribute.

No

ReputationRep:
    If being a gentleman is the best thing that can be said about you, then a girl is probably not going to want a relationship with you.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vespasunset)
    A girl said I was a gentleman is this indication that I'm well and truly in the 'friend zone'?
    Of course not. She might have just said it because you held a door open for her and said it as a jokey way. Being 'friendzoned' is much more than being called something, once (unless it's "you're my best friend for life". Had that before. Ouch.)

ReputationRep:
    No...

ReputationRep:
    This is why monday to wednesday you treat them good then thursday to sunday you treat them like ****.
    Switch that **** up lads

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, in fact any behaviour on the nice side of slapping her across the face on introduction is a guaranteed friendzone. Women hate positivity of any kind, and the only thing that will ever get you a girl is acting with outright malice towards anything with a vagina.

Or more accurately, no of course not.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. If you were a gentleman who she was attracted, you'd probably be more than friends. If she said you're a gentleman and it doesn't go further than that, probably a idea as to what is missing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    Absolutely, in fact any behaviour on the nice side of slapping her across the face on introduction is a guaranteed friendzone. Women hate positivity of any kind, and the only thing that will ever get you a girl is acting with outright malice towards anything with a vagina.

Or more accurately, no of course not.
    This.

A few of the other replies on this thread are furthering my suspicions that most of the guys on TSR could happily compromise a "lonely male virgin" club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagning)
    This.

A few of the other replies on this thread are furthering my suspicions that most of the guys on TSR could happily compromise a "lonely male virgin" club.
    'Suspicions'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It may be, it may not be, it's hard to tell. But I hate hate HATE this friend zone.

ReputationRep:
    Being called a friend is being in the friendzone. If you don't want to be, flirt a bit more. If you calls you a friend or anything similar after, she's either politely saying no or she's very oblivious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseajanett)
    Being called a friend is being in the friendzone. If you don't want to be, flirt a bit more. If you calls you a friend or anything similar after, she's either politely saying no or she's very oblivious
    Disagree. Friends often sleep together. Being in the friendzone (whatever that means) is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If that is your instinct, then probably, yes

ReputationRep:
    why not just tell her you like her?

Obviously not directly at first, but being physical like holding her, hugging her more than necessary, kissing her on the cheek, etc

Show her that you mean business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    Disagree. Friends often sleep together. Being in the friendzone (whatever that means) is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very good point! That's just how I've always associated it, my bad (:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.