Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fancy dress parties Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Starting uni at Bradford in September, and one of the things I've heard that happens a lot especially in the first year is fancy dress parties in Freshers Week. I was just wondering it's necessary to actually "go shopping" for random fancy dress items seeing as I don't own any? Or is it something I can just think of at the last minute?

ReputationRep:
    Find something fancy and comfortable- now it's sales time so you can buy a cheap dress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassicles)
    Starting uni at Bradford in September, and one of the things I've heard that happens a lot especially in the first year is fancy dress parties in Freshers Week. I was just wondering it's necessary to actually "go shopping" for random fancy dress items seeing as I don't own any? Or is it something I can just think of at the last minute?
    I've just bought my brother a fancy dress box from Takeaway Costumes online. When I was a fresher we were dressing up 3 times a week! Wish I had had one as it can get expensive! So much fun though x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassicles)
    This is handy advice, I'm starting a radiography degree in September at Bradford.
    I've been told my course starts in the 15th, is this the start of freshers week or does that start on the 7th? I really should be more organised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adie_Bradford)
    This is handy advice, I'm starting a radiography degree in September at Bradford.
    I've been told my course starts in the 15th, is this the start of freshers week or does that start on the 7th? I really should be more organised!
    I'm going to Edinburgh and my freshers' week goes from Saturday the 6th to Saturday the 13th. Check your student union website and it will tell you, although it will most likely be the same/similar dates to every other uni's freshers' week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.