ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... Business Studies in September 2014 at BU.

I'm interested in... PCs, Music, Aviation, Pasta and cheese

Nice to meet you all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome to TSR! I'm new(ish) too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, nice to meet you!

Are you at uni? If so, what are you studying?

(Original post by LydiaFirefly<3)
    Hey, welcome to TSR! I'm new(ish) too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm two years away from uni yet I'm starting sixth form in September to study the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I'm hoping to become a midwife, nutritionist or counsellor What's your dream career path?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool, sounds good! I studied a BTEC and loved the layout.

My career path is hopefully Human Resources for a large company.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexyyyy)
    Cool, sounds good! I studied a BTEC and loved the layout.

My career path is hopefully Human Resources for a large company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was kinda attracted to the BTEC as it seemed more relevant to what I wanted to do

Ah right that sounds cool. What attracted you to that sort of career?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure. My GCSE grades were poor so I had to make a last minute change to Business and I've taken a real interest in HR.

What about yourself?

I was kinda attracted to the BTEC as it seemed more relevant to what I wanted to do

Ah right that sounds cool. What attracted you to that sort of career?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure. My GCSE grades were poor so I had to make a last minute change to Business and I've taken a real interest in HR.

What about yourself?
    Maybe it was fate that you found that career that you like despite your GCSE grades haha I'm not really sure to be honest. I think it's because I like being around people and enjoy helping others. And health and lifestyle things really interest me :yep: For ages I never knew what my "thing" was. Like all my friends had subjects they were good at, like they were either good at languages or art or English, it took me a while to find mine haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe indeed!

Wow, sounds very good- it's perfectly OK to take a while to find yours, in fact, it shows you've put much more thought in.

Maybe it was fate that you found that career that you like despite your GCSE grades haha I'm not really sure to be honest. I think it's because I like being around people and enjoy helping others. And health and lifestyle things really interest me :yep: For ages I never knew what my "thing" was. Like all my friends had subjects they were good at, like they were either good at languages or art or English, it took me a while to find mine haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe indeed!

Wow, sounds very good- it's perfectly OK to take a while to find yours, in fact, it shows you've put much more thought in.
    Yeah I think so. At first I was worried I'd never find anything that it interests me but now I'm glad I did I'm guessing you're a people person too since you want to work in human resources, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, at least you know now!

I am a people person although I have quite bad anxiety so I'm not even sure why I want to work in HR, maybe it's just because I felt like I had to find something I enjoyed.

I don't know, all a bit over the place in my head at the moment in regards to what I really want to do. I keep telling myself yes, HR is for me!

What are you up to today?

Yeah I think so. At first I was worried I'd never find anything that it interests me but now I'm glad I did I'm guessing you're a people person too since you want to work in human resources, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry, at least you know now!

I am a people person although I have quite bad anxiety so I'm not even sure why I want to work in HR, maybe it's just because I felt like I had to find something I enjoyed.

I don't know, all a bit over the place in my head at the moment in regards to what I really want to do. I keep telling myself yes, HR is for me!

What are you up to today?
    Yup!

Ah right I see. You could try exploring other career options. For a while I told myself midwifery was for me but then I realised I was just trying to decide my future ASAP when there was no need haha I haven't really done much today, just working on some of my health and social homework at the moment. I'm waiting for my best friend to get back off holiday so we can go to the cinema, time is passing so slowly! What have you been up to today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's true, luckily my course is Business Studies as a whole and there are many other different topics in the overall studies of Business that I might take a fancy in.

Ooh well done you, have fun at the cinema when you do go! I've just been relaxing... As usual! Quite bored.... 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's good then, there's loads of areas within business studies that you can go into so at least you can feel confident that you've found a subject you like

Thanks! I want to go and see Dawn of the planet of the apes, hopefully he feels the same haha Ah, me too. Apart from the little work I've done I've just been tidying my room. All my friends are on holiday so I haven't been out for a week haha :/

ReputationRep:
    That's true, thanks and oh right, I think I might do a drawer a day and have a huge sort out.

I wouldn't worry about it, I haven't been out in about 2 months with a friend so a week isn't bad, gives some time to yourself!

Hopefully he does want to watch that then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing a section of my room a day, only one left to do now so it's looking good haha :P

Yeah I see what you mean there, I like having time to myself too. I've bought some good films so I might have a day of films and food sometime soon xD

If not we'll probably end up watching something rubbish haha, there isn't much on at the moment

ReputationRep:
    All of that sounds really good... apart from there being nothing to watch!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There literally seems to be nothing on in the cinema at the moment! Might end up being a home movie if we can't agree It's kinda annoying going out on weekdays too 'cause we have to catch 2 busses to the cinema as our parents are at work and can't drive us there which is kinda annoying haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.