Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is This The Most Offensive Anime Ever? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's called Hetalia: Axis Powers. Basically, it tells the story of WWII by turning all the countries into hot "yaoi style" guys and describing the battles and stuff through their relationships :lol:

They have a Youtube channel if you want to watch it

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch all of it but it seems pretty educational. Not offensive. There are others that are worse. Remember Mr popo...
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    You, my friend, have obviously never been exposed to Boku No Pico.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
    I didn't watch all of it but it seems pretty educational. Not offensive. There are others that are worse. Remember Mr popo...
    I personally don't really find it offensive, but I imagine anyone with a connection to WWII probably might. You haven't got to the yaoi bits yet either :rofl:

(Original post by BenAssirati)
    x
    I don't find sexual stuff offensive :dontknow:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagning)
    I personally don't really find it offensive, but I imagine anyone with a connection to WWII probably might. You haven't got to the yaoi bits yet either :rofl:

I don't find sexual stuff offensive :dontknow:
    It offends my sense of sight

ReputationRep:
    I was about to say... [shudders]

ReputationRep:
    It offends my sense of sight
    *Googles it* Dis gon be gud... :perv:

(Original post by kodama)
    x
    OMG are those the things from Princess Mononoke in your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what i was going to say :laugh:

I've never properly watched it Hetalia but i've seen posts about it, i assume it's pretty educational and tbh i'm not averse to some yaoi :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    They are indeed.

ReputationRep:
    This is so brilliant in a weird camp kind of way it's unreal

Also the voiceover sounds like Jessie from Pokemon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Exactly what i was going to say :laugh:

I've never properly watched it Hetalia but i've seen posts about it, i assume it's pretty educational and tbh i'm not averse to some yaoi :sexface:
    Yeah, I guess it is "educational" in a sense...

The male characters are something else TBF. Google Image them. Germany is my favourite :sexface: (guy on the left):

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    *Googles it* Dis gon be gud... :perv:

I cannot guarantee you will come back, and if you do, you will not be the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess it is "educational" in a sense...

The male characters are something else TBF. Google Image them. Germany is my favourite :sexface: (guy on the left):

germany no lookin bad i have to say

Just tried watching the vid but the accents and voices just grated on me perhaps it's the weeabo in me...nah it's honestly annoying af.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot guarantee you will come back, and if you do, you will not be the same.
    It was tamer than I'd expected TBH

germany no lookin bad i have to say

Just tried watching the vid but the accents and voices just grated on me perhaps it's the weeabo in me...nah it's honestly annoying af.

Yeah, knowing how "serious" the real WWII was, I can't really get behind the "cutesy" portrayal of it TBH

ReputationRep:
    It was tamer than I'd expected TBH

Yeah, knowing how "serious" the real WWII was, I can't really get behind the "cutesy" portrayal of it TBH [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Oh man have you ever read manga from Gengoroh Tagame? straight up nightmares yo google dat ****.

Yeah i feel ya. But some of the watchers do take it very seriously - like America breaking away from Britain. They make it very dramatic and 'omg america wanted freedom so badly he lifted a gun to his own...brother/lover/father/what?' idk.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man have you ever read manga from Gengoroh Tagame? straight up nightmares yo google dat ****.

Yeah i feel ya. But some of the watchers do take it very seriously - like America breaking away from Britain. They make it very dramatic and 'omg america wanted freedom so badly he lifted a gun to his own...brother/lover/father/what?' idk.
    *googles Gengoroh Tagame* OH MYYYY NOW THIS IS YAOI :eek: Gurlll what have you sent me into? XDDD

Haha, tru dat. I guess maybe it's just a different way of portraying seriousness. It is pretty a addictive seris TBH too.

ReputationRep:
    *googles Gengoroh Tagame* OH MYYYY NOW THIS IS YAOI :eek: Gurlll what have you sent me into? XDDD

Haha, tru dat. I guess maybe it's just a different way of portraying seriousness. It is pretty a addictive seris TBH too.
    Ikr things happened in his works that i never thought could happen...wanted to bleach my eyes out as well as my mind after reading 'Father and Son in Hell'.

Yeah, i've thought about watching it since it's only 5 mins an ep but if i do it's subs all da way.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr things happened in his works that i never thought could happen...wanted to bleach my eyes out as well as my mind after reading 'Father and Son in Hell'.

Yeah, i've thought about watching it since it's only 5 mins an ep but if i do it's subs all da way.
    Ok, now THAT one sounds like too much :coma::nope:

Subs all the way? (Sorry - I'm hungover and having trouble processing sentences right now )

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now THAT one sounds like too much :coma::nope:

Subs all the way? (Sorry - I'm hungover and having trouble processing sentences right now )
    you don't even want to know...

I like watching anime with English subtitles instead of with English dub

ReputationRep:
    Aesthetica of a Rogue hero, literally nothing but oversized boobs and one man who's just cool enough to fondle them all.

http://animereporter.com/2014/06/14/...w-nudity-nsfw/

Only offensive if you: think guys shouldn't grope any set of breast at will/ regularly undress women against their will/ take any amount of value from actual storytelling

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.