The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mr. Jim
got my caius scarf today and it's the most uncomfortable scarf in the history of ever. anybody got any tips for making it softer?

Condign punishment perhaps for buying a scarf so prematurely. Wool is itchy, save for cashmere and the other soft wools, and that's all there is to it I suppose; I can't wear wool at all, especially angora, which is the very devil.
Reply 41
svidrigailov
Condign

Wow. That really is a word!
Reply 42
JohnStuartMill
I plan to take my school leavers hoody with me when I go up to Cambridge.....

Me too! It's warm and relatively new so despite having allll the names of everyone on my year on the back I'm sure I will wear it, even if it's just in my attempt to withstand the cold cambridge wind! (And yes, you may laugh but I'm from the south and cambridge is COLD in comparison)
Reply 43
svidrigailov
Condign punishment perhaps for buying a scarf so prematurely. Wool is itchy, save for cashmere and the other soft wools, and that's all there is to it I suppose; I can't wear wool at all, especially angora, which is the very devil.

ok everyone, i get it, i'm an eager freak, if you'd all been at my college for the past 2 years you'd be keen to move onto somewhere else as much as me.

you can all throw rocks off me when i get to cambridge if you want :smile: it'll remind me of the good old days :p:
Are you allowed to be keen if it involves substantial discounts? If so, people going to Downing may be interested in http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Downing-College-Cambridge-University-Official-Scarf-NEW_W0QQitemZ110024951798QQihZ001QQcategoryZ52382QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:smile:
Reply 45
Just to clarify: SO Many people wear society hoodies/t-shirts. There are also a huge number of college scarves appearing in the winter (COLD!). It's the "Cambridge University" stash that's worn more by tourists than students, but that's not to say that no students wear them. But it *does* tend to be society/college-based clothing that is worn by students.

Actually, most of my warm jumpers have something to do with Cambridge or Newnham printed on them. (Guess who didn't take enough warm clothes...!). All sports or music stuff.
Reply 46
Complaining of the cold? I can quite imagine, and actually know, a fair few northerners who put their t-shirt back on when it gets a bit windy in January. Although a scarf does sound quite cool, I'm not eager enough to get one just yet...
I have an amazingly heavy thick black jacket from Topman that sees off any winter chill. Its awesome.

I recommend big thick sweaters and jumpers, and also thermal technical fleeces. One of them under a coat, topped off with a scarf, and you're warm as toast.
I had no idea it was that cold. I hate being cold more than anything on earth. I'm going to decline my offer and go to Barbados.
Reply 49
Churchill - brown and pink :frown:

I haven't worn a scarf since I was little anyway so don't think i'll start now

Still could be worse, Darwin colours are pretty ghastly
MC REN
Churchill - brown and pink :frown:

I haven't worn a scarf since I was little anyway so don't think i'll start now

Still could be worse, Darwin colours are pretty ghastly

You should see the Churchill boaties' lycra... pink is SUCH a becoming colour for their men's first boat rowers.

Latest

Trending

Trending