Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Geophysics (Geology) any else studying earth sciences such as oceanography or geology ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan Hay)
    I'm studying Geophysics (Geology) any else studying earth sciences such as oceanography or geology ect
    Hey, im hopefully studying Geology! I noticed you applied for Vine Court, haha me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pb1596)
    Hey, im hopefully studying Geology! I noticed you applied for Vine Court, haha me too!
    I'll be in a few of your lectures as I've done geophysics geology that's sounds good and yeah awesome both have something in common

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished GCSE's.
    I want to study Geology, I was wondering what GCSE Grades you got ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcusroye98)
    I have just finished GCSE's.
    I want to study Geology, I was wondering what GCSE Grades you got ?
    I got a* physics , a* maths , a English lit , a* biology , a chemistry , a ict , a* pe , b French , a English Lang , a* biology mate but don't think you're nesacarrily need them:p:p

ReputationRep:
    I got a* physics , a* maths , a English lit , a* biology , a chemistry , a ict , a* pe , b French , a English Lang , a* biology mate but don't think you're nesacarrily need them:p:p
    Ok Thanks :P Im predicted around 6-7 A's and 2 B's and 2 C's

ReputationRep:
    That's fine haha you already know what you want to do at uni and ure only doing a levels .. What a levels you planning to take ??

ReputationRep:
    That's fine haha you already know what you want to do at uni and ure only doing a levels .. What a levels you planning to take ??
    Biology, Chemistry , geology and geography :P with the intention of dropping geography

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry , geology and geography :P with the intention of dropping geography
    Two science subjects are good but u don't need geography tbh or geology at a level ... Hint to u is keep science subjects but do 2 easier subjects so you can guarantee an A or B in them subjects and the science subjects are challenging I did A level biology and it has a lot of content and learning it is quite challenging so make sure u allocate your time correctly

They're GCSE's! Dont worry about them. You know what I got? 4 A's 4 B's 2 C's and 2 D's.

I'm doing Geology BSc

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joeduffy234)
      They're GCSE's! Dont worry about them. You know what I got? 4 A's 4 B's 2 C's and 2 D's.

I'm doing Geology BSc
      Joe what's your ideal job after your degree???

ReputationRep:
      Two science subjects are good but u don't need geography tbh or geology at a level ... Hint to u is keep science subjects but do 2 easier subjects so you can guarantee an A or B in them subjects and the science subjects are challenging I did A level biology and it has a lot of content and learning it is quite challenging so make sure u allocate your time correctly
      Thanks for the advice.
      I definitely will take Biology and Chemistry.

Geography - This is one subject I was good at GCSE. I am predicted an A* and i found it enjoyable and easier compared to others.

Geology - I would like to see if im actually that really interested in Geology before doing a degree in it so I believe doing Geology will give me an advantage?

Most Importantly : I enjoy all these subjects!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joeduffy234)

I'm doing Geology BSc
      Thanks ! What AS Grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
      Thanks for the advice.
      I definitely will take Biology and Chemistry.

Geography - This is one subject I was good at GCSE. I am predicted an A* and i found it enjoyable and easier compared to others.

Geology - I would like to see if im actually that really interested in Geology before doing a degree in it so I believe doing Geology will give me an advantage?

Most Importantly : I enjoy all these subjects!
      Fair enough bud find it enjoyable then do it and yeah if u do geology and realise u don't like it biology and chemistry allow you to do so many other things , I love a person that is screwed on an takes life seriously

ReputationRep:
      I'll be in a few of your lectures as I've done geophysics geology that's sounds good and yeah awesome both have something in common
      haha be nice to get to know someone before I start!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pb1596)
      haha be nice to get to know someone before I start!
      Haha I agree would be nice and also why geology I must ask ??

ReputationRep:
      Fair enough bud find it enjoyable then do it and yeah if u do geology and realise u don't like it biology and chemistry allow you to do so many other things , I love a person that is screwed on an takes life seriously
      Thanks I want to do Volcanology xD

ReputationRep:
      Thanks I want to do Volcanology xD
      haha that will be a good job a lot of travelling and stuff

ReputationRep:
      haha that will be a good job a lot of travelling and stuff
      Hopefully!
      I just love Volcanoes !

ReputationRep:
      Haha I agree would be nice and also why geology I must ask ??
      really wanted to do Geography without the human part at A-Level, and i really want to study Paleontology ever since ive been small, so i think its a great degree to start me off on that track, plus it will be something i will find really enjoyable! how about you?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.