Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have to give your provisional license to the examiner if you pass your driving Watch

ReputationRep:
    My driving test is going to be literally a few days before I move away to uni, unless I can find an earlier cancellation. If I hand them my provisional for them to send off, I will be going to uni with no ID. Obviously I will need ID for freshers week. Any help would be appreciated, thanks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you can request to fill out your own application at a later date.

Good luck for the test and have fun at freshers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange crush)
    Nope, you can request to fill out your own application at a later date.

Good luck for the test and have fun at freshers
    Ah brilliant, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _chloe11)
    Ah brilliant, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It just means that eventually you will have to send it away to get the pink license. I ended up doing it at exam time so I couldn't be tempted out

ReputationRep:
    The examiner asked for my Provisional ID when i passed the test.

This meant i had to use my passport when going out to da club

ReputationRep:
    If you ask to keep your provisional licence for a few nights out on the town, remember that you still have to send it at some point and there is a time limit. If you don't claim your full entitlement within two years, you will lose your entitlement and have to retake your driving tests.

Couldn't you take your passport with you to the bars instead?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they mostly want it I didn't think you got an option, just means you dont have your actual license for longer. Also, it took mine less than a week to arrive. But you could just wait as long as you remember to actually do it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advisor)
    If you ask to keep your provisional licence for a few nights out on the town, remember that you still have to send it at some point and there is a time limit. If you don't claim your full entitlement within two years, you will lose your entitlement and have to retake your driving tests.

Couldn't you take your passport with you to the bars instead?
    Yeah I've checked online, I need to do it within 2 years. I was going to do it straight after freshers anyway as I'm not too fussed about going out then. I would take my passport but its expired so won't be any good. Need to get it renewed 😒 thanks though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.