Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blurry/foggy contact lenses. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a problem a month or two ago where for some reason when I put my contacts in they were really foggy. They were that bad I couldn't wear them as I couldn't see, I cleaned them and resoaked them and it made no difference. I managed to get a new pair from the opticians.

The current pair are beginning to go the same, though not that just blurry and I seem to be blinking a lot more.

Anyone know if there's a reason for this?

ReputationRep:
    What type of lenses are they? Are they continuous wear/gas permeable? If not it might be that you have them in your eyes too long. Remember if they aren't continuous wear you should only wear them for 8 hours a day - 12 at a push.

If you do have gas permeable lenses it could be an eye infection like some form of keratitis. Go see your optician if the problem persists.

Also it's best not to wear the contacts if you suspect and eye infection.

Your blinking to try and clear the fog except it's not the lens it's film over eye most likely infections at front. Stop wearing your contacts lenses. Go and see optician asap to get eyes checked..

Do you see nice and sharp with your glasses or does the fog/ blur exist with your glasses as well..?

ReputationRep:
    What type and brand of contacts are they?

ReputationRep:
    Get them out and keep them out until you have had a thorough check up..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. I went to see my optician and I had them in the wrong eyes! Never would've thought that!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.