Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey! So I am going to study Maths in September and I was wondering if I can change my course to Maths with Bio and when can I do that. Also would I be able to take French just as an additional course? Thank you for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_doroshenko96)
    Hey! So I am going to study Maths in September and I was wondering if I can change my course to Maths with Bio and when can I do that. Also would I be able to take French just as an additional course? Thank you for a reply!
    hey,

It really depends on the Uni/School/College or academic institution. I would recommend writing a really brief, yet informative e-mail to the teacher or tutor in charge or academic issues. Do this as soon as possible!!!

Hope it kinda answers the question...
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_doroshenko96)
    Hi

Thanks for your question. I've just spoken to the Mathematics admissions tutor for you.

We can normally accommodate change course offers like this before you get your A-Level results (anyone else reading: this does of course depend on what subjects you want to change between - please ask me if you have any specific enquiries).

After you've results are out, but before coming to Leeds, we may be able to accommodate changes in courses if space is available, but remember that this is a very busy time as we are confirming places, dealing with clearing enquiries etc.

Once you've started at Leeds, it gets much harder to change courses; though transfer from joint honours to single honours is sometimes possible at the end of year one, for strong students.

So - if you're sure that you want to change your course, I'd recommend contacting the Admissions Tutor as soon as possible - you can email him on [email protected] (remember to include your UCAS ID).

For the second part of your question about picking up French - yes you should be able to do this. Nearly all undergraduate courses at Leeds allow you to take "discovery modules" (previously known as 'electives') and you're encouraged to take these in areas outside of your normal programme. We're currently in the process of updating all of our information about the discovery modules for the new academic year, but more information will be available on our website from the 18th August - you'll be sent information and links once your place at Leeds has been confirmed.

I hope that answers your questions - let me know if there's anything else I can help with

Best wishes

Amanda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Leeds)
    Hi

Thanks for your question. I've just spoken to the Mathematics admissions tutor for you.

We can normally accommodate change course offers like this before you get your A-Level results (anyone else reading: this does of course depend on what subjects you want to change between - please ask me if you have any specific enquiries).

After you've results are out, but before coming to Leeds, we may be able to accommodate changes in courses if space is available, but remember that this is a very busy time as we are confirming places, dealing with clearing enquiries etc.

Once you've started at Leeds, it gets much harder to change courses; though transfer from joint honours to single honours is sometimes possible at the end of year one, for strong students.

So - if you're sure that you want to change your course, I'd recommend contacting the Admissions Tutor as soon as possible - you can email him on [email protected] (remember to include your UCAS ID).

For the second part of your question about picking up French - yes you should be able to do this. Nearly all undergraduate courses at Leeds allow you to take "discovery modules" (previously known as 'electives') and you're encouraged to take these in areas outside of your normal programme. We're currently in the process of updating all of our information about the discovery modules for the new academic year, but more information will be available on our website from the 18th August - you'll be sent information and links once your place at Leeds has been confirmed.

I hope that answers your questions - let me know if there's anything else I can help with

Best wishes

Amanda
    Thank you very much for tour reply, Amanda! You answered all my questions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.