The Student Room Group

Getting Ahead with law!

Hi

I'd like to work as a solicitor in an international law firm, so that I can use my foreign languages (French and German).
I was wondering, aside from gaining work experience somewhere-(which us proving to be much more easily said than done!), whether there is anything else I can do to get the edge on other people my age who are interested in the same profession. For example, anything that I could read, watch, listen to, or go to which I can mention in my CV or application forms to unis.

By the way, I've just finished my GCSEs, and I'm going on to study French, German, Geography and History at ALevel.
Any suggestions will be welcomed! Thanks 😊
Original post by Maddie0987
Hi

I'd like to work as a solicitor in an international law firm, so that I can use my foreign languages (French and German).
I was wondering, aside from gaining work experience somewhere-(which us proving to be much more easily said than done!), whether there is anything else I can do to get the edge on other people my age who are interested in the same profession. For example, anything that I could read, watch, listen to, or go to which I can mention in my CV or application forms to unis.

By the way, I've just finished my GCSEs, and I'm going on to study French, German, Geography and History at ALevel.
Any suggestions will be welcomed! Thanks ������

There's your answer. Other than work experience there's nothing you really can do because the CV of a 16 year old is going to be very different to the CV you have when you start applying to law firms.

Relax and focus on getting into university.

Quick Reply

Latest