The Student Room Group

Guy makes spreadsheet with wife's ''no sex tonight'' excuses

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LostGear
Well, I'll get my livelihood back one way or another:angry:

No you wouldn't. It would be hers. And you'd have to carry on paying until and unless you get a Clean Break Order.
Original post by LostGear
Are you not important? :rolleyes:

Not particularly.
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I swear I will never be a wife like that? Was she cheating on him?

Maybe...or maybe he just didn't finish her off afterwards.
Original post by Lukex
People should never have to have sex if they don't want to or feel pressured into it, even within a marriage.

Indeed. And likewise, people should never feel beholden or pressured to remain in a relationship if they feel unhappy in it, even if it's a marriage.

Gotta have a little give and take here on both sides if they want to make this work. The dude probably has to learn to live with less sex than when they were younger, the wife could make an effort at least once a week or step up with a few BJs now and then. That's if they even care about each other and the relationship at all.
Reply 44
Original post by Lukex
People should never have to have sex if they don't want to or feel pressured into it, even within a marriage.

I would ask the opposite question. If it's no big deal, why can't she just do it to make him happy? Is it really so terrible that she cannot bear to have sex with her husband?
If she was my wife, I'd get rid. Life is too short to spend it tied to someone *that* boring.
Original post by The vampire
I would never be like this. If I didn't want sex, I'd explain why instead of making crap excuses. It's unfair on the husband imo, he probably feels unloved or as though he's doing something wrong. Though his approach of asking everyday is probably pushing her further away, it should be more spontaneous and effort should be made earlier on in the day. That said, full sex isn't everything and there's still other ways of showing affection which don't require effort. And why not compromise, you can't be too tired to give oral? :rolleyes:

idk somehow I dont see a woman giving oral for the sake of it every second night ending well

whether yeh like it or not a healthier way to look at sex is in a more romantical sense not a "Il do it to keep him happy/shut him up" sense...
Original post by Clip
No you wouldn't. It would be hers. And you'd have to carry on paying until and unless you get a Clean Break Order.

You're right, I wouldn't. What would you do then? I'm assuming you have a high sex drive...
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Not particularly.

Well, I think there is something there.
so he has issue with lack of sex. So instead of talking to her about it he passive aggressively release private information to the general public. How is this going to help. Does he think she is now going to have sex with him purely due to social pressure. And if she does, is that really what he wants.
Sounds like Hell
you dont even get any and live in constant fear of losing 50% of your assets that you have literally sweat blood sweat and tears to build
Original post by garfeeled
so he has issue with lack of sex. So instead of talking to her about it he passive aggressively release private information to the general public. How is this going to help. Does he think she is now going to have sex with him purely due to social pressure. And if she does, is that really what he wants.

He's probably done that. He's probably tried everything. This is probably a desperate last attempt.
Original post by uuhhhh
he's not entitled to sex just because she married him

Perhaps not, but it's not like he can go and have sex with someone else, is it? If she expects the relationship to last in the long term, then something would need to change about that situation.
Original post by Ajibola
He's probably done that. He's probably tried everything. This is probably a desperate last attempt.

If he has then my statement doesn't stand. My response then would be assuming this is an issue he cannot get over and the problem is something she cannot get over then splitting up may well be the option.
TBH, I've heard worse. I one time accidently tumbled into this forum which is about men who use prostitutes. The most common for using them reason was lack of sex with their wife, some of these men claimed that there marriage was so sexless that in a decades, they only manage to get sex a few times. Sad how stale some marriages can get. Now, I'm not justifying cheating, btw, it is never a good thing to cheat in any circumstance. But I can atleast see where they are coming from.
Reply 54
I can hary be assed to bang my gf anymore shes always bothering me lol I need new vagina

Posted from TSR Mobile
yet more proof that getting married is stupid as **** for a male
Reply 56
I thought three times a month is average. Why is not having sex all the fricking time seen as a bad thing?
Why doesn't he just leave her? I know things are never as simple as people on the outside make it seem but the reality is he must choose between living like that for the rest of his life or moving on.
I mean, they used to have sex 3-5 times a week. He married her under these terms. The terms change he has the right to gtfo of that contract.
(If she's going through something during this time (which isn't likely as he'd know) what I wrote doesn't apply).
Who knows she might be asexual or have an extremely low drive :frown:

It's sad that they're married and she's not comfortable enough to give him the real reason she isn't in the mood, rather she's forced to make up flimsy excuses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by garfeeled

Actually it was the wife who posted it onto reddit, it seems...

http://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2b1f5a/my_husband_m26_sent_me_f26_an_immature/

Quick Reply

Latest