Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which is the better show - Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries Watch

ReputationRep:
    Discuss and elaborate on your reasoning

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural hands down the only good thing about tvd is damon and even he becomes annoying when hes eith elena! Supernatural is actually funny plus has a decent storyline. Tvd has stupid plot holes everwhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teddysmith123)
    Supernatural hands down the only good thing about tvd is damon and even he becomes annoying when hes eith elena! Supernatural is actually funny plus has a decent storyline. Tvd has stupid plot holes everwhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like SPN as I am sure you can tell, but get annoyed by Sam's whininess all the time!

And I miss Kevin/Bobby/John etc.

I used to be really into TVD but since Klaus left - I'm more into the originals now and SPN ofc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
    I like SPN as I am sure you can tell, but get annoyed by Sam's whininess all the time!

And I miss Kevin/Bobby/John etc.

I used to be really into TVD but since Klaus left - I'm more into the originals now and SPN ofc.
    Yh I prefer the originals too more than tvd tbh but supernatural trumpts them both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is very little that is better than the first five seasons of Supernatural.

It's rare of any series to have a coherent story arc over five years where the stakes gradually get higher and the character motivation can change but still be consistent.

After season 5 it went down hill somewhat but it's still pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I prefer the originals too more than tvd tbh but supernatural trumpts them both

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only main problem with SPN is that they kill off too many of the main characters.

However the episodes where Sam and Dean just hunt wendigos and **** like in S1 etc. I think are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    There is very little that is better than the first five seasons of Supernatural.

It's rare of any series to have a coherent story arc over five years where the stakes gradually get higher and the character motivation can change but still be consistent.

After season 5 it went down hill somewhat but it's still pretty good.
    Only positive things after that time were more Castiel scenes, introduction of Crowley and the finales.

Every finale lived up to its rep, but the first 5 seasons were the best.

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural of course One of my favourite shows.

I used to be obsessed with the Vampire Diaries when it first started and after reading the books. It gradually became boring for me and I stopped watching it. Not too into vampires though and I've never really connected with it in the same way.

In my opinion, I think the characters in SPN are a lot more in depth and the storyline as a whole is better planned out. Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And don't forget Destial as well :lol:

Never watched the Vampire Diaries as I'm not a woman so Supernatural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)

I love dean and castiel I think cass is so funny and I love his stupid adorable self!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Supernatural of course One of my favourite shows.

I used to be obsessed with the Vampire Diaries when it first started and after reading the books. It gradually became boring for me and I stopped watching it. Not too into vampires though and I've never really connected with it in the same way.

In my opinion, I think the characters in SPN are a lot more in depth and the storyline as a whole is better planned out. Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very true, that show deserves way more credit and respect that it gets.

(Original post by Jordooooom)

Destiel, when green meets blue - a perfect turquoise <3

lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fnatic NateDestiel)
    The only main problem with SPN is that they kill off too many of the main characters.

However the episodes where Sam and Dean just hunt wendigos and **** like in S1 etc. I think are the best
    Yh but I think at least when they kill characters its semi permanent but in tvd a character dies then comes back the next episode

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where's the TVD love? Haven't seen Supernatural though,so i can't compare. But TVD is awesome,or at least it was. The whole love triangle got repetitive and boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    Where's the TVD love? Haven't seen Supernatural though,so i can't compare. But TVD is awesome,or at least it was. The whole love triangle got repetitive and boring
    Yh exactly the love triangle ruined the show!!! It would be a lot better without elena in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh exactly the love triangle ruined the show!!! It would be a lot better without elena in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She annoys me soooo much, can't stand her lol

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural.

Name:  download (4).jpg
Views: 75
Size:  5.9 KB

No elaboration needed.

ReputationRep:
    Both shows stink. I guess pretty people make any show watchable.

ReputationRep:
    Supernatural all the way , although it did scare me when i was younger :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Both shows stink. I guess pretty people make any show watchable.
    Lol yh thats true but I think supernatural especially the first 5 seasons are really gd

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.