Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What watch is more appealing? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like both models, which one do you prefer? Also, which of the two has a better design?

Tag or Breitling?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the one on the right.

ReputationRep:
    I hate TAGs really, and I'm someone who's quite interested in watches. I feel like they're way too commercialized and that makes them look cheap and sellout to me, not a respectable swiss brand. I mean when you buy one a chunk of the money you're paying for it is going towards the massive advertisement bill, you're certainly not getting what you pay for with one of those.

I'm not sure about Breitling yet, like the look of their stuff but you should research re-sale value and things just to get an idea of their worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-Rooney)
    I like both models, which one do you prefer? Also, which of the two has a better design?

Tag or Breitling?
    I think the one on the right looks more appealing however if you are planning to spend that amount of money on a watch, do look at Patek Phillipe watches Or hublot as i think they are the most eye catching and best looking watches on the market.

ReputationRep:
    Patek would be well above this price range wouldn't it?

OP I would look at Omega, they're on the same league as Rolex and this sort of price range.

ReputationRep:
    If you're actually looking at buying a legitimate watch at that price point, look at the Omega speedmaster.

sweet jesus

ReputationRep:
    one on the left...idk why, just do

ReputationRep:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/collecti...ster/catalogue
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    i personally like the one on the left.

ReputationRep:
    The one on the right, although I'm not to sure about the white on the strap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I prefer the one on the right.
    I do also!

(Original post by benzos)
    I hate TAGs really, and I'm someone who's quite interested in watches. I feel like they're way too commercialized and that makes them look cheap and sellout to me, not a respectable swiss brand. I mean when you buy one a chunk of the money you're paying for it is going towards the massive advertisement bill, you're certainly not getting what you pay for with one of those.

I'm not sure about Breitling yet, like the look of their stuff but you should research re-sale value and things just to get an idea of their worth.
    Yeah I definitely agree, TAG seems to carry a fashion rep more than anything. Thanks for your input. also, are you a bracelet type of person or a leather strap? I much prefer the leather strap.

(Original post by Famokhan)
    I think the one on the right looks more appealing however if you are planning to spend that amount of money on a watch, do look at Patek Phillipe watches Or hublot as i think they are the most eye catching and best looking watches on the market.
    Patek can be very expensive, I also like Hublot as well. Maximum that I would spend would probably be 6k.

(Original post by benzos)
    Patek would be well above this price range wouldn't it?

OP I would look at Omega, they're on the same league as Rolex and this sort of price range.
    I have seen quite a few lovely Omega watches. also, I dislike rolex watches purely because of the image they portray. (Drug dealer image)

(Original post by tehforum)
    If you're actually looking at buying a legitimate watch at that price point, look at the Omega speedmaster.

sweet jesus
    You must be a fan of Omega? I'm pretty drawn into the leather strap Breitling if I'm honest.

(Original post by 29Bilal96)
    one on the left...idk why, just do
    Yeah I think the overall design is lovely but I'm edging more towards the other one now.

(Original post by Wee.Guy)
    i personally like the one on the left.
    Yeah the design is sharp, simple and effective.

(Original post by Last Day Lepers)
    The one on the right, although I'm not to sure about the white on the strap.
    Really? I actually love the white threading on the strap.

ReputationRep:
    I do also!

Yeah I definitely agree, TAG seems to carry a fashion rep more than anything. Thanks for your input. also, are you a bracelet type of person or a leather strap? I much prefer the leather strap.

Patek can be very expensive, I also like Hublot as well. Maximum that I would spend would probably be 6k.

I have seen quite a few lovely Omega watches. also, I dislike rolex watches purely because of the image they portray. (Drug dealer image)

You must be a fan of Omega? I'm pretty drawn into the leather strap Breitling if I'm honest.

Yeah I think the overall design is lovely but I'm edging more towards the other one now.

Yeah the design is sharp, simple and effective.

Really? I actually love the white threading on the strap.
    There's something special about Omega's tbh.
    I don't like the white stitching on the Brietling, it looks gaudy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    There's something special about Omega's tbh.
    I don't like the white stitching on the Brietling, it looks gaudy.
    Each to their own I suppose, I think it ties in nicely with the watch.

What's your opinion on Cartier watches?

ReputationRep:
    The white stitching looks cheap and nasty

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own I suppose, I think it ties in nicely with the watch.

What's your opinion on Cartier watches?
    dunno, but I'd assume they're a 'fashion' watch and not worth the money

ReputationRep:
    The one on the left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    The white stitching looks cheap and nasty
    Each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    The tag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    The tag
    What makes you go for the tag?

ReputationRep:
    I like both steel straps and leather straps, was thinking about switching between them on a watch every few weeks.

Have you thought about getting an omega instead? Breitlings don't hold their values, even the limited edition ones I've read so it makes me think they're a less respected watch brand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.