Turn on thread page Beta

Police Caution / effect on possible employment watch

ReputationRep:
    A few years back I picked up a caution for something very minor. Nothing went to court and thus I have never been convicted of any criminal offence.

I am now intending to go to uni in September to do a Law degree with a view to becoming a Solicitor / Barrister.

I was cautioned in 2000 thus meaning by the time that I start practicing (2009/2010) the caution will be approx. 10 years old (most things like this are considered "spent" after five years).

I am wondering if anyone thinks that this may in any way affect my employment prospects withing the legal sector? Surly there are solicitors / barristers out there with cautions and even convictions to their name?

I would hate to do six years training then for someone to deny me because of something that happened when I was 18.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell I put this in here I dont know, I will repost in General Chat.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.